Technical Product Owner
Are you looking to expand your expertise in IT Support within a global environment that allows you to keep pace with the speed of change? At GSK, we are transforming how new technologies are used to improve performance across the organization.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Product Owner to join a data product team! They will have the opportunity to impact product development at an enterprise level from the idea stage to full production. Primary focus will be to develop solutions for internal customers as it relates to their data product and platform needs.
- Collaborate with teams to help them understand the product's key capabilities and benefits; understand their needs to enhance adoption of product
- Work with customers and leaders to help in validating technical concepts, vision, and roadmaps
- Work with the team to specify technical requirements for current and future products
- Maintain program objectives, success measurements or key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Participate in release planning, demonstrations, and retrospectives with development teams
- Participate in industry conferences and seminars and keep abreast of changes and trends in the marketplace; educate colleagues, partners, and customers as appropriate
- Work across stakeholders and teams to complete complex
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practice
- Escalate issues early and provide concise issue descriptions to upper level management coupled with recommended paths for resolution
- Mastery of complex facilitation and dependency management techniques (cross team, cross department)
- Drive cross team, ART and departmental impediments, planning, collaboration, and coordination
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors Degree in Business/Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering or Interaction
- 2 + years of Product Owner/Management experience
- 2+ Years of Agile Product Ownership/Management, specifically Scrum
- Passionate about data and making amazing products
- 1+ years of experience as a scrum master
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters Degree in Business/Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering or Interaction Design
- SAFe, Certified Scrum Product Owner or Certified Scrum Professional, Product Management/ Pragmatic Marketing Certification, Consumer Research
- 1+ years of Digital/Data/Analytics Product Management
- 2+ Years with Technical Product Ownership
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top