Technical Delivery Manager - Commercial Data & Analytics
GSK Consumer Healthcare is seeking to make a "Step Change in Digital, Data & Analytics" and is establishing a new-from-the-ground-up Analytics Platform purpose built to help execute on that vision. As a result we are looking for a Delivery/Development Manager to join our Commercial Data & Analytics team.
You will be working on fully up to date technologies in the Data & Analytics environment and in an team which is fully committed to remain at the leading edge of this skillset. Therefore, the impetus to keep improving skills and acquiring skillsets in new technologies will be very strong. If you are a top-flight developer who wants to continue to keep learning and remain at the cutting edge of the very fast moving Data Analytics technology environment, then this role is for you.
In the GSK CH Tech Commercial Data & Analytics team a Delivery/Development Manager is a hands-on development role which includes developing & delivering code through from origin to production, plus working in partnership with 3rd party development service providers to help ensure that code comes in on time, to quality and in line with the overall ecosystem being established. The Delivery/Development manager will directly contribute to the extensive and varied build and deployment activities involved in establishing the new platform then continue to work on the already significant and growing pipeline of future build-outs on the platform.
The role will be managed by a Delivery/Development Director and supported by Architecture and Product Management resources. As a Development Manager, you will be expected to be the go-to expert for all matters relating to the build out and continued leveraging of value from the new global platform that GSK is establishing.
As a Delivery/Development Manager, your role will include responsibilities for:
• Development: Hands on, sleeves up development and delivery expected as a matter of course. This is a hybrid "do-er" + 3rd party manager role and you will be expected to be exceptional at both aspects. See below for expected % allocations.
• Delivery: Ensure project goals are achieved on time in alignment with the stakeholders' expectation. Ability to work on complex projects and manage 3rd party resources in a distributed environment. Escalate to other CH Tech leadership team when needing support. Work in close collaboration with other team members in the CH BI Tech team, to ensure Development/Delivery aspects are well represented in the projects requirements and deliverables.
• Methodology: Project methodology will prioritise Agile but where regulatory requirements exist may also require traditional Waterfall approaches or a hybrid between the two. The selected individual will have the necessary flexibility to adapt the team to the methodology that fits the project most. Fully embrace integrated DevOps approaches.
• Ownership: Take ownership for the delivery/development projects and help steer until completion.
• Partnering: Work when required with external and/or internal delivery agents to coordinate delivery.
• Governance: Follow governance that allows projects and stakeholders to manage overall project performance and manage programme risks within the global nature of some of the programmes.
• Reporting: Support the routine programme/ project reporting.
• Forward looking: Remain flexible towards technology approaches to ensure that the best advantage is being taken of new technologies. Keep abreast of industry developments in analytics and be able to interpret how these would impact services and present new opportunities.
• Quality, Risk & Compliance: Ensure all risk and issues associated with owned projects are recorded and managed in the appropriate Risk & Issue logs in a timely manner. Ensure all Risks and Issues have clear action/mitigation/contingency plans defined, with named action owners and timelines for completion.
• Technical Architecture: Be conversant with technical architecture to contribute to design discussions in partnership with the Delivery/Development Director and dedicated Analytics & Data Architect.
As a rough guide, subject to the project being worked, expect 40-80% of the role to be technical development & delivery focused with the remainder being focused on management of 3rd party delivery/development resources.
The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will contribute directly to the significant business value which is already being leveraged from the emerging new platform. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organization.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
The information that you have provided will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• Experience in technology of analytics and/or big data solutions and delivery/development of such solutions in a world-class innovative company.
• Fully conversant with big-data processing approaches and "schema-on-read" methodologies is a must and knowledge of Hadoop/Spark/DataBricks and/or Azure Data Lake Analytics is a big plus.
• Experience of the Azure analytics components, Power BI & Microsoft Visual Studio is a must.
• Excellent development skills & extensive hand-on development & coding experience in a variety of languages, e.g. C#, Python, SQL, DAX, etc.
• Have a highly innovative mind-set and experience with analytics in a healthcare or CPG company.
• Being conversant with and qualified in Data Science and Machine Learning approaches will put you at a significant advantage and position you well to deliver on the future pipeline of work.
• Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the commercial and digital organizations.
• Developer in the Data & Analytics arena with demonstrated expertise in emerging technologies and data technology platforms and management.
• Fully conversant with agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts.
• Great communication skills and ability to communicate inherently complicated technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
• MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent experience, with weighting on experience and proven track record preferred. Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment.
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top