Technical Associate – Student Intern (1 year contact)
- Update and publish monthly project dashboards with latest project status from project managers
- Manage Jira Kanban Boards: aid in Daily scrums and update Epics/user Stories
- Generate and publish weekly and monthly service metrics and identify areas for improvement
- Review and update IT service procedures and user support documents and design documentation that is user friendly
- Work with telephony provider to update Mobile phone policy, device lists and plans.
- Design, review and maintain IT intranet site on Sharepoint
- Ensure accuracy of IT system diagrams and assets
- Submit requests to update information in the global asset databases
- Facilitate documentation of outputs from planning and strategy meetings
- Conduct Hardware accessory evaluations and assessments and provide recommendation on standards
- Work with the service team to set up and coordinate IT end user awareness events
- Run service and process improvement projects
- Work as a project team resource to help with various aspects of user list management, project coordination and communications to end users
- Participate in ad hoc requests to support department or division activities
- University degree in Computer Science, Business Information Technology or related discipline
- Critical, Innovative and Solution-based thinker. If given step 1 and 2, demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity and build upon what is needed and known. Clarify and ask questions. Demonstrated ability to determine and take next steps. Accountable for results.
- Results oriented with a proven ability to deal with ambiguity
- Self-starter who is innovative and a solution-based thinker
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Entrepreneurial, creative, persuasive individual who works well in a team environment.
- Proven ability to take initiative, lead projects.
- Able to work in a highly dynamic environment - able to shift priorities at short notice and work to demanding deadlines.
- Ability to facilitate group meetings
- Well-developed communication skills including listening, summarizing, probing, clarifying
- Resourceful. Takes Initiative and follows through.
- Strong computer skills to work with various databases and MS Office Suite (e.g. SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,)
- User experience design
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban or other agile methodologies
- Experience with Jira
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top