Tech Risk Manager, US Pharma & ViiV
The role is accountable for supporting risk management activities for the Global Pharma Tech organization focused on US Pharma and ViiV. You will support the Global Pharma Tech organization in the compliant delivery and maintenance of technology for GSK. You will ensure that risks & controls from project inception to support are identified, prioritized, effectively managed, and monitored. You will be an agile, collaborative, responsive partner and practice good judgement and pragmatism to enable the business units you support to deliver at speed. You will support delivery of controls and programs to enable the use of technology
• Support risk identification/prioritization for US Pharma and ViiV Tech; define and execute risk mitigation programs/projects to address risks
• Assist Global Pharma Tech staff to make risk informed decisions
• Support development of risk mitigation plans and policy exceptions
• Support Risk Management Compliance Boards (RMCBs) for US Pharma and ViiV
• Provide input into Tech policies, procedures and standards and embed within business units supported
• Ensure emerging risks are identified and escalated appropriately and in a timely manner
• Counsel Tech staff on meeting quality, risk and compliance requirements during project delivery, application support and in the management of third parties
• Liaise with business quality organizations (e.g., CSQA, GCV) to contribute to the overall validation of Tech applications
• Drive management monitoring within the business units supported
• Support independent business monitoring of the business units supported, working with the central Strategy & Risk service
• Support business unit in audit readiness activities and fieldwork/CAPA management
• Drive compliant use of digital technologies to enable business and compliance related activities
• Bachelor's degree in Technology, Digital, Data Sciences or other relevant discipline
• Minimum of 5 years Fast Moving Consumer Goods/Pharmaceutical Industry experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Technology, Risk Management, Compliance
• Maintain current knowledge of how technology enables business activities with demonstrable experience in managing technology risks
• Demonstrable experience of successfully managing assurance or operational activities
• Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills
• Experience of operating in an international environment with tact, diplomacy and cultural sensitivity
• Possess high learning agility, pragmatism and good judgement
• Master's degree in Technology, Digital, Data Sciences or other relevant discipline
• Experience in interpreting policies, procedures and processes for ensuring compliance
• Good knowledge of IT management processes, such as ITIL
• Maintain relevant certifications e.g., CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control), CGEIT (Governance of Enterprise IT)
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top