Team Lead, Pricing and Contracts
This role is accountable for ensuring all pricing and contract operations fully comply with PMPRB guidelines and GSK's Pricing Standards and SOPs. This role is also responsible for creating and maintaining GSK Canada Pricing Strategies and Payer&Customer Organization Contracts (excluding Vaccines).
This role will involve the GSK Pharma Business Unit while providing some limited support to Vaccines and ViiV. Having strategic and organizational acumen, as well as a process / analytical orientation is key. This position will need to navigate & lead activities of the pricing team which involves a complex environment, internally and externally. They will have 2 direct reports and work closely with Divisional Directors.
- Create and maintain the pricing strategy for all GSK and ViiV products ensuring alignment to commercial objectives while adhering to PMPRB guidelines
- Support the pCPA process with pCPA net prices and obtain required Global approvals.
- Leading matrix teams to turn the LOI into PLAs (GSK and ViiV) and negotiate PLAs with provinces, as required (GSK).
- Weekly management of GSK Canada's Pricing Governance Board.
- Lead the tender management process (excluding Vaccines) and relationship with Group Purchasing Organizations.
- Manage all pricing and contract risks by maintaining proper governance and controls.
- Lead all required audit activities for pricing and contract operations. (monthly Audit logs, SOX audit, Deloitte audits)
- Lead, coach and manage two pricing analysts.
- Oversee the communication process to provincial formularies for any price changes and ensure alignment with communications to Wholesalers (through Customer Operations)
- Bachelors Degree (specialization in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Business Admin, or Operations preferred).
- Deep understanding of finance controls and operational requirements.
- A minimum three years in Finance or Operations role in a large corporate environment within pharmaceutical, healthcare, or consumer packaging industry.
- Demonstrated experience in successful implementation of operational controls with sustained consistency.
- Excellent people management skills
- Good knowledge of process / policy creation
- Understanding of SOX and internal audit controls as it relates to order management and credit/adjustment approvals
- Ability to contribute cross functionally and understand complex processes and systems
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution abilities
- Advanced organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize work to ensure deadlines are met
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong PC skills on Microsoft applications with an emphasis on Excel
- Self-starter capable of taking initiative, being proactive and achieving results both independently and as a member of a team.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at email@example.com
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top