Tax & Statutory Analyst
Main Responsibilities :
• Provide first line financial leadership and ensure legal, regulatory and tax compliance for specific financial reporting team, working closely with LOC (Local Operating Companies) and BPO (Business Process Outsource) to achieve objectives
• Ensure the provision of accurate and compliant financial and tax reporting services to GSK and external authorities on behalf of GSK
• Prepare GAAP adjustments and complete drafting statutory accounts, compile information required to draft statutory disclosures, co-ordinate completion of tax disclosures by KPMG, supporting PwC audit and resolve queries raised
• Oversee the Group's Tax reporting process, including organising deliverables and timetable with KPMG and PwC, calculating material GAAP adjustments and review of the tax calculations prepared by KPMG
• Co-ordinate corporate tax compliance processes on behalf of GSK's APAC markets including,
- Analyze tax sensitive account codes to determine tax treatment (to be reviewed by KPMG)
- Source data required for the tax return not derived from the General Ledger or Fixed Asset register (e.g. information required to calculate R&D tax credit).
- Resolve queries raised by KPMG during tax return process and perform review of draft tax return.
- Estimate forecast profitability for the purposes of estimating interim tax payments
- Monitor the tax accounts and reconcile balances back to tax authority records and submitted tax returns
- Prepare withholding tax clearances and other ad hoc tax filings required
- Monitor tax risks and review quarterly risk questionnaire (prepared by KPMG)
- Review of draft Indirect Tax and statistical returns on behalf of GSK including Sales, purchase and miscellaneous transaction review including invoice sampling; Resolution of exception items; Correction of errors found, including any consequent GL postings; Trend analysis; Clear and complete documentation of the above
• Carry out historical review of legal entity profitability to ensure compliance with GSK Transfer pricing policies, liaising with Global Tax on exceptions and material markets
• Co-ordination of tax and TP audits, liaising with FD in market and Global Tax to provide support in responding to queries and resolving tax disputes
• Ensuring Indonesia document retention requirements relating to statutory reports, taxes and TP are met
• Manage escalations from customers, senior stakeholders and external authorities
• Manage the statutory audit process for the BSC and ICSS teams liaising with the outsource provider, the market FDs and internal and external audit
• Other support and analysis activities as required to support the needs of Global Tax and/or Market Finance Partners/FDs.
• Monitor service level agreements (SLAs) and ensure performance targets related to the R2R (Record to Report) process are adhered to both in their own BSC team and the outsource provider
• Work closely with the risk management function to ensure services provided are complaint and risks are managed
• To continually review processes and seek to communicate and implement changes to improve efficiency, particularly given the scale of the work being taken on and the fact that much of the business contact will be with individuals not based in BSC KL
•Bachelor Degree, preferably majoring in Tax/Accounting.
•1 - 2 years experience in Audit/Tax accounting and/or Transfer Pricing in a manufacturing & distribution business.
•Experience in handling Indonesian GAAP (PSAK).
•Understand principles of Corporate Tax, Indirect Taxes and Transfer Pricing.
•Fluent in English.
•Ability to coordinate with various people in/outside the company.
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
At GSK Pharmaceuticals, we are changing the face of healthcare. We are involved in research, development and manufacturing of medicines for a variety of serious and chronic diseases, with market leading products for; Respiratory; Anti-Viral, Central Nervous System, Cardiovascular and Urogenital; Anti-Bacterial; Oncology; and HIV.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top