Tax Service Analyst
1. To support regular tax services for the Region and/or Global;
2. To support other requests that may become relevant as and when required, including but not limited to:
a. Managing business tax issues, queries, system tax changes;
b. Tax & stat process improvement initiative
c. Ad hoc request relating to tax & stat related projects
• Execute tax operational activities per agreed framework and process, such as GMM & other direct/indirect tax coding, manage conditional queries and Global Tax Visibility (OWM) maintenance/queries.
• Monitoring, resolving and reporting on tax tickets raised through a service request system, covering a wide range tax tasks supporting business processes
• Execute relevant internal controls relates to the underlying Tax Services per agreed framework
• Handling tax process queries raised for the Region and routing the queries to correct resources for issue resolution
• Supporting the Indirect & Operational Taxes Group/Tax & Stats GPO in the implementation of tax law changes where applicable to GSK
• Supporting the Indirect & Operational Taxes Group/Tax & Stats GPO on data cleansing activities and data quality monitoring
• Supporting/driving process improvement initiatives in Tax & Stat as and when required
You are a passionate Tax Service Analyst with the following attributes:
• Degree Level or equivalent in Accounting or Tax Qualification
• 3 - 5 years of practical Tax experience required
• User experience of Indirect taxes on ERP system preferable
• Experience working in shared services / outsource environment / dynamic organization
• Ability to adhere to set policy, framework, follow process steps and operate specified process controls
• Ability to prioritize work and issues
• Ability to work across boundaries with stakeholders from different functions, locations and regions
• Paying attention to detail and has proven track of record in service delivery, meeting the set-target / metrics
• Independent, ability to manage & resolve routine issues and problems
• Have some experience in process documentation
• Have some experience in driving process improvement & problem diagnosis
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are proud of the difference we make. GSK has ranked 1st in the Access to Medicines Index all five times since its launch in 2008 and FORTUNE Magazine ranked us #1 on its 'Change the World list' which recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
There are many other roles available within GSK, including in finance, human resources, legal, IT, procurement, communications and core business services.
They provide the partnership, strategic counsel and support services the business units need to operate efficiently and effectively. This enables them to focus on developing, manufacturing and delivering medicines, vaccines and products to the patients and consumers who need them.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top