Tax and Statutory Manager
The primary objective of the Tax and Statutory Manager position is to take responsibility for and to ensure that Country Tax, Statutory Reporting and Transfer Pricing requirements are delivered.
Scope of this role is Managing tax & statutory reporting for GSK Indonesia entities (Pharmaceutical Business Unit, Consumer Healthare Business Unit and Global Manufacturing Site), and provide direct leadership of Tax & Stat team to deliver the above.
Essential Job Responsibilities are :
• Responsible for the preparation of monthly tax reconciliations and timely submission of monthly and annual tax reporting, maintaining a high level of efficiency to ensure adherence with Indonesia tax regulation and Company's policies, procedures and practice
• Prepare GAAP adjustments and complete drafting statutory accounts, compile information required to draft statutory disclosures, co-ordinate completion of direct tax disclosures by Tax Consultants, coordinate audit engagement with External Auditor and resolve queries raised.
• Responsible for preparation and completion for Transfer Pricing Documentation with Tax Expert.
• Handle and manage the successful delivery of Transfer Pricing Projects to review GSK's profitability
• Provide first line financial leadership to ensure legal, regulatory and tax compliance for specific financial reporting team, working closely with LOC (Local Operating Companies), In Country Finance Team and the other Stakeholders to achieve objectives.
• Manage tax disputes, tax audits and relationships with local tax authorities and liaise with Global Tax to provide support in responding to queries and resolving tax disputes.
• Proactively interact with different stakeholders and communicate effectively within and outside tax units to gather information and understand business transactions to ensure compliance with Indonesia tax treatment
• Provide management and direction for the Tax and Statutory Team, ensuring team effectiveness and performance
• Operate controls in accordance with GSK's Internal Control framework and maintain audit evidence compliant with standards
• Manage Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure that processes are clearly documented and any changes within procedures are updated
• Work closely with the risk management function to ensure services provided are compliant and risks are managed
• Brevet C is preferable. USKP B & C would be an advantage
• Must be fluent in English - both written and spoken
• Understand the concept of Direct Tax, Indirect Taxes and Transfer Pricing
• Verifiable expertise in financial reporting, preparation of statutory accounts, implementation of new accounting standards
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and show initiative
• High level of competence using Excel
• Numeracy, accuracy, attention to detail
• Ability to communicate at all levels and manage multiple stakeholders
• Ability to work with dispersed and multicultural teams
• Ability to deliver results under pressure.
• Ability to communicate complex issues to non-finance professionals and to make recommendations
• Experienced in managing subordinates at management level
• Experience with a large multinational and/ or professional services organization is preferred
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top