Support Service Consultant, PC Services (GSK IT)
- Bachelors degree and/or extensive experience in global IT service provision/analysis with strong emphasis on quality, cost and service improvement
- Proven ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels and communicate service issues in their terms, able to interpret customer requirements and restate in terms of business requirements
- Experience in working with 3rd Party vendors and geographically dispersed teams
- Demonstrated experience in IT service management and improvement methodologies such as ITIL, Six Sigma and/or Lean Management and awareness of Project Management practices (PMI, Prince2, Scrum)
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills establishing strong working relationships and practices with clear accountability for delivery
- Work experience in a regulated environment is desired
- ITIL Foundation certificate
- Six Sigma, Lean IT and/or Lean Management experience and demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Experience with Symantec Client Management Suite (Altiris) or SCCM/Intune, Microsoft Security Patching and Application Patching
- Practical knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy for Windows PC Configuration Management, Login Scripts
The Support Service Consultant's role is to provide operational support and to help lead the service to success by monitoring, analyzing, reporting, and delivering solutions that meet the needs of the business.
The consultant must provide fast and reliable operational support, function well within the GSK environment, and align with the strategic direction of the Application Provisioning and Productivity Tools team.
The Consultant is also responsible for ensuring the service is cost effective, meets SLA goals, and aligns with the changing needs of the business.
The service is of a global nature, providing service solutions to multiple business units, totaling over 100,000 users. This may include liaising with business units and/or 3rd Parties to assess appropriate actions.
- Successful delivery of service to SLA, providing an enhanced user experience in the Application Provisioning and Productivity Tools team through fast and responsive incident resolution
- Monitor & report service against contracts/SLA through VoP/VoC and take action to ensure service provision
- Help to lead supplier relationships to meet service objectives and operational requirements
- Escalate and participate in service issues, where appropriate, with service management
- Contribute to service definitions, service models, and service/operational level agreements
- Support and provide analysis of service initiatives and technology changes, as directed
- Facilitate 3rd line support with suppliers and IT trade Partners
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement opportunities based on data
- Monitor & report costs associated with service delivery
- Knowledge transfer and communication of designs and/or implementation plans
GSK is deeply committed to professional and personal development offering employment opportunities across a diverse collection of businesses and geographies. So you'll flourish in an inspiring environment where personal growth plays a vital part in the changing face of the business. Most of all, you'll enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
You are invited to submit, until August 28, your CV with the motivational letter in English using the "Apply now" button.
Thank you very much for your interest in development opportunities with GlaxoSmithKline.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top