Supply Planner (Japanese Speaker)
1. ACHIEVING CUSTOMER SERVICE
• Apply Customer Service mindset in daily operations.
2. STOCK COVER POLICY REVIEW
• Determine the stock policies for Finished Goods using the appropriate tools.
• Highlight key impact on FRS and Sign-off FRS agreement with Global Planning hub & site
• Collaborate with CSC & Global Planning Hub to establish their (Receiving location) stock cover policy.
• Assists to conduct periodic review on stock cover policy for Finished Goods.
3. ESTABLISH NET REQUIREMENT FOR REGIOAL MANUFACTURER
• Review Net Requirement for each Location for the short term and long term horizon
• Analyze and evaluate the supply plans and dispatch requirements from regional manufacturer.
• Convert Purchase Requisitions into Purchase Orders
• Manage exceptions via SOLS on incoming dispatch plans from factory.
• Consistently achieve sustainable Customer Service Level within Working Capital and Freshness objectives by ensuring that the weekly planning process is executed on time
4. ESTABLISH NET REQUIREMENT AS A RECEIVING HUB
• Ccollaborate with Global Planning hub for stock replenishment to each regional location to meet the stock cover policy for international imports:
- Sign-off supply plan from Global Supply hub
- Manage exceptions via SOLS/Out of region SCIM on incoming supply from Global Producers.
- Convert Purchase Requisitions into Purchase Orders for communicate to Global Supply Hub.
• Consistently achieve sustainable Customer Service Level for Inter-Market Supply (IMS) customers within Working Capital and Freshness objectives by ensuring that the weekly planning process is executed on time.
5. STOCK BALANCING
• Perform stock balancing between warehouse within market to ensure optimum stocks of the right material in the right location
6. SUB-CON Management
• Product transformation at domestic location.
• Master data creation in liaison with data management team eg. BOM, Master recipes, Production versions.
• Conversion of purchase requisition into sub-con PO for subsequent activity to proceed.
• Communication between CSC and supply hub to ensure timely repacking process.
• Manage exception for Sub -Con PO eg.short quantity and closing balance PO.
7. ASSISTS ON PLANNING ASPECTS IN NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTION
• Work closely NPI team to complete relevant planning information in NPI milestone.
• Follow up closely with Data team on materials workflows and update APO master data set up timely.
8. MANAGE EXCEPTIONS
• Demand Plans exception - review with Demand Planning Team on stock availability.
• Production/material shortfalls and Quality non conformance - review with Factory Planning Team/Global Supply Hub on the possible actions for speedy recovery.
9. PARTICIPATE IN KEY MEETINGS
• Facilitate site SCIM (Supply Chain Issue Management) with respective site in the region.
• Analyse and effectively communicate relevant information pertaining to supply issues
• Detailing impacts of proposed actions and related trade offs.
• Ensure actions and Supply Plans are realistic and achievable
• Facilitate SCIM meeting with respective CSC team.
• Analyse and effectively communicate relevant information pertaining to supply issues.
• Detailing impacts of proposed actions and related trade offs.
• Ensure actions and Supply Plans are realistic and achievable.
• Escalation of issue from SCIM 1 to SCIM 2/3 & S&OP
• Work closely with Category Supply Planning Manager to prepare data for Monthly Supply Review with Factory Planning Team.
• Work closely with Supply Planning Manager to prepare data for Monthly Operations Review meeting with Management Team.
Other Knowledge & Skills:
• Effectively use all Supply Planning system functionality to enable an exception based management approach
• Can explain in detail the concept and practical working of following topics, as well as highlight main strengths, weaknesses and opportunities of their application in a particular context:
o Core Commercial Cycle Process - Supply Planning Best Practices and Process
o Supply Planning Systems (e.g. SAP-APO, SNP)
o Inventory Management practices
• Can describe the main aspects of following elements and detail the integration points with the Supply Planning:
o Other Supply Chain Processes (Customer Service, Physical Logistics, Manufacturing, Purchasing) and related drivers (e.g. Lead times, inventory structure, distribution, key supply constraints)
o Factory practices (incl. QA) and sequencing of production
o Procurement practices and time fences(eg R&P)
o Product portfolio (type of demand, seasonality, lifecycle status, shelf life) - Innovation/Renovation, New Product Launch and Promotions processes, incl. related New Product Introduction
o Cost Analysis / General Finance (Value Drivers)
o Trade offs within the Supply Chain
• Can mention critical elements of following subjects and their relationship with their work:
o Dynamic forecasting and other related Finance processes
o Customers order patterns and product strategy
o Impact of demand plan decisions on execution and other Supply Chain KPIs
• Recommended to have studied the relevant modules of the:
• Demand & Supply Planning Supply Chain Academy
You are a passionate Supply Planner with the following attributes:
• Degree Holder.
• Two or more years of relevant operations experience, in at least one of the following areas:
o Factories - Production
o Foreign Trade / IMS
o Factory Logistics
o Other Demand & Supply Planning positions OIT (Operations Improvement Team)
o Helpul to have had exposure in Customer Service
o Finance & S&OP process
o Supply Chain Development
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are proud of the difference we make. GSK has ranked 1st in the Access to Medicines Index all five times since its launch in 2008 and FORTUNE Magazine ranked us #1 on its 'Change the World list' which recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
There are many other roles available within GSK, including in finance, human resources, legal, IT, procurement, communications and core business services.
They provide the partnership, strategic counsel and support services the business units need to operate efficiently and effectively. This enables them to focus on developing, manufacturing and delivering medicines, vaccines and products to the patients and consumers who need them.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top