Supplier Relationship Manager (Ellipta)
Recruiter required to update
RECRUITER TO UPDATE
Commodity Buyer – Relationship Manager for Respiratory
The Ellipta is a multi-dose powder inhaler which is the inhaler platform for the delivery of GSK's portfolio of new inhaled medications including Relvar/BREO, Anoro, Incruse and Arnuity. The inhaler has been designed to a high technical specification but most importantly to better meet the needs of patients. The Ellipta inhaler builds on the attributes already seen with Diskus but with improved features including ease of use and a larger and clearer dose counter.
Data from patient studies has shown that patients across a range of disease severities in both asthma and COPD are able to generate the inspiratory flows from the inhaler to achieve a dose close to the label claim. Thus, prescribers can be confident that the device is suitable for a wide range of patients. Importantly in phase 3 studies the inhaler has been shown to be easy to use in both asthma and COPD with patients reacting favourably to the few number steps required for correct use and the ability to tell the number of doses remaining in the inhaler. Studies have also shown that patients prefer the Ellipta to other inhalers such as MDI, Diskus and Handihaler. Overall preference has been shown for Ellipta in addition to preference for a variety of specific inhaler parameters.
Ellipta is manufactured at GSK's sites in Ware (UK), Zebulon (US) and Evreux(FR) will commence manufacture in late 2018. There are 3 key phases in the secondary manufacture of the product – Filling, Assembly and Packaging, all of which are carried out on dedicated custom equipment.
Production is ramping up on a steep trajectory and GSK must accelerate production capability working with our preferred suppliers.
There is a requirement for a dedicated relationship manager and commodity buyer for the custom equipment to be based at Ware on a 12 month fixed term contract.
- To manage the key strategic suppliers for the main respiratory supply chain, developing KPI's, business review meetings to support the delivery and innovation required for the products.
- To develop strategies to manage the maintenance and spares for the equipment
- To establish the service level agreements and roadmap for development of equipment for the ramp up of supply.
- Has experience in process and packaging equipment capital purchasing for a large organisation and or multinational experience
- Has a proven track record working in capital procurement delivering to agreed targets and deadlines.
- Has credibility, strong communication & influencing skills and able to work well both within a team and in a matrix management environment.
- Has procurement or commercial experience engaging directly with and managing external suppliers and agencies.
- Created performance management reporting and stakeholder management workshops.
- Experience of coordinating capital buying innovation across complex stakeholder groups
- Good understanding of MS Office applications: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of MS Project (Planning Tool)
- Good understanding of MS Outlook (email)
- Good understanding of Share Point (Team Site) applications
- Experience with remote team working (live meeting and teleconferencing)
Closing Date: 8th September 2017
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top