Supervisor week-end New PA
- MSc or BSc in (Bio) Engineering or sciences or equivalent acquired through experience from shopfloor in pharma or other production environment
- Strong command of English and/or French and a willingness to achieve fluency in both
- Understanding of GMP principles.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a pharmaceutical production environment
- Knowledge of aseptic operations is prefered
- Experience with people management is a strong asset
- Pa Production Supervisor – Week end
- Follow all the activities during week end (logistic-media prep-fermentation-purification-downstream activities)
- Responsible for activities and resources engaged in the production process and for their continuous optimisation
- Co-ordinates manpower targets, resources and skills
- Evaluates capacities (employees and machines) necessary to the completion of the production plan
- EHS responsible for his/her work environment
- Ensures the compliance on EHS topics in his area and develop the EHS mindset within his team
- Lead and coordinate Production teams during week-end for all the WN49 activities
- Supervises / manages day to day vaccines operations (Bulk) so as to cope with the demand.
- Lead and coordinate Product impact evaluation tasks in case of process deviation
- Process continuous improvement and process CAPA implementation
- Process team coordination and development
- Participate to the application of the GSK Vaccines strategy in his area of responsibility.
- Guides and supports his team through a daily presence on the shopfloor linked to the planning and organization of the activities.
- Leads, selects, trains, evaluates, coaches and motivates a team of technicians and operators (depending on the organizational structure of the MPU) towards the pursuit of supply excellence and the attainment of Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Ensures the follow up of KPI's related to Quality, Supply, EHS and HR in his area, monitors them and guarantee the deployment of the action plan.
- Ensures compliance of the operations with cGMP and Authorities requirements. Monitors quality of the production in close collaboration with QA and take corrective actions when necessary.
- Responsible to implement the Operational Excellence Process in the facility within his area of responsibility.
- Applies the recommended processes while assuring compliance with the Change Management procedures.
- Participate at internal and external audits in his department.
- Provide support to direct reports with low or medium complexity issues.
- Number of direct reports between 15 to 20 direct report.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top