Strategic Account Manager
Are you an experienced Strategic Account Manager or Market Access Manager looking for your next challenging and rewarding role? Do you possess excellent communication, relationship building, sales and negotiation skills? Then we have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our Respiratory team in Wales!
In this field based role, you will provide industry leading Strategic Account Management to deliver access and uptake for GSK Respiratory in areas of the UK that are now devolved and/or business critical to current and future sustained performance and require broad external stakeholder management to achieve this. You will develop a OneGSK strategic plan across a Devolved area (or Devolved Nation/STP) / Critical accounts that result in sustained optimal market access of GSK respiratory medicines. You will also lead a OneGSK cross functional matrix plan within a devolved area/ or group of critical accounts agreed with line manager, with accountability for plan delivery.
You will deliver GSK respiratory access and uptake through a decision- making level that exists either above APC (Devolved area) /or in critical accounts for GSK where expert account management is required for a defined period to deliver the regional plan objectives. In addition, you will drive successful sales access and uptake through Account Management and competitive selling of our respiratory portfolio value proposition to Devolved Nation or Area/ STP and above APC decision makers and PLDMs in critical accounts for GSK
• Agreed market share growth and/or Evolution index ambition
• Achievement of agreed market access goals for GSK respiratory medicines within a devolved area, above APC decision making organization or critical set of accounts.
• Evidence of wide scale consistent implementation of GSK respiratory medicines appropriately across a wide devolved or business critical footprint that contribute significantly to the regional geography over a 12 month period
• Achievement of target RACE levels at a Devolved area customer/ PLDM level through their own calls and that of their area matrix
• Adherence to minimum standards, GSK & ABPI code
• PFSS call quality scoring
• Activity and coverage / frequency
• Business Planning
• Cross functional business management across UK Pharma to deliver the SAM plan
• Cross functional leadership across GSK matrix stakeholders to the SAM area including External Affairs, Medical, Payer Marketing, Health Outcomes, Payer strategy, National Account Manager
• Outstanding GSK behaviours
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we'll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 17th August 2018
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
• Proven cross functional leadership skills to lead a strategic plan involving local, regional and national stakeholders
• Outstanding strategic business management skills at Devolution, National and Regional footprint level in:
• Developing insights to develop a regional strategic plan. Collaboration through a UK Pharma Cross functional matrix (External Affairs, Health Outcomes, Global, Medical, Legal) including UKMT and also the local account team to understand and deliver business objectives through:
a. Generating Insight
b. Strategic and Account Plan Development, Implementation and regular review/course correction
c. Leadership of a dedicated OneGSK cross functional team to deliver the Strategic Account Plan
• Selling, negotiating and influencing through exceptional clinical and payer advocacy development with outstanding outcomes through patient focused selling skills, proven negotiation, influencing and networking skills at above APC level/ or Critical strategic accounts (externally and internally)
• The capability to consistently and skilfully apply comprehensive knowledge (scientific, medical and technical) that provides value to senior NHS customers and builds trust at a regional footprint level
• Outstanding track record of gaining preferred/parity access for GSK medicines ( or similar pharma) by at APC/ significant DMU level ( or Devolved Nations equivalent) to ensure patient access is delivered and subsequent uptake at LHE level
• Strong evidence of high disease and environmental knowledge that has led to access & uptake success within Respiratory or relevant Therapy area
• Ability to influence and negotiate with NHS customers both clinical and payer to align brand strategy and meet NHS clinical and patient need
• Evidence of setting direction through resource allocation and decision making to deliver both access and uptake across a large above APC footprint or set of critical accounts for GSK
• Evidence of prioritisation skills and account segmentation to deliver strong clinical and payer outcomes at local health economy level.
• Outstanding impactful communication skills both externally and internally
• Outstanding governance knowledge of ABPI and GSK codes and qualified to ABPI level
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
To find out more about Working at GSK, click here.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top