Statutory Compliance Regional Lead APAC
- University Degree
- Service management experience
- Demonstrable critical thinking ability
- Ability to articulate strategy and drive performance
- Developed management and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage remote teams and interact / influence customers & providers remotely
- Proven ability to work in culturally diverse teams and reconcile cultural differences to successfully deliver services (Local Market, service supplier, Functional team)
- Tax and/or statutory compliance experience
- UK Stats experience (for UK Regional Lead only)
- Accounting qualification or demonstrable experience in leading teams and processes at a managerial level
- Previous experience of working in a Shared Service Environment outsourced to a third party for a sizeable company
- FMCG / Pharmaceutical industry experience
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare companies and is committed to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.
GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Business Service Centre
The Business Service Centre, Kuala Lumpur is GSK's first global hub in Asia and will play a key role in GSK's Core Business Services consolidating the organisation's global and regional service delivery in IT, Finance, Employee Services, Indirect Procurement and Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities into an integrated shared service network.
The Statutory Compliance Regional Lead will focus on ensuring that the Tax & Stats strategy is aligned to the broader GSK strategies and that the retained organization and the services supplier work together to deliver agreed priorities & objectives. There will be one Regional Lead supporting the UK based in GSK House, one Regional Lead supporting EMEA based in GSK House and one Regional Lead supporting APAC based in Kuala Lumpur.
The Regional Leads will have an emphasis on Delivery/Operational responsibilities, Service Planning & Evolution, Customer Relationship Management and People/Team Management.
- Facilitate improvement to the delivery of the end to end service including local, regional T&S activities
- Ensure management of the following: statutory filings, timeliness of statutory payments, regular management reporting at a global level – through vendor servicing in accordance with the SLA, working with SDMs and delivering the improvement strategy with a team of Process Improvement Experts both in retained organization and vendor centers, balancing quality, cost & customer experience
- Lead the regional retained organization (performance, development & talent conversations) to drive the stabilization of services migrated from Regional Business Service to Vendor, applying ADP methodology and structure to avoid "fire fighting" approach and to switch from lag to lead KPIs – Focus on activities to be carried ahead of change.
- Execution & Tracking of communication strategy
- Deliver key projects and initiatives with Vendor and team, to address performance gaps and continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery.
- Deployment of technology and Improvement program
- Monitor operations with a risk mindset that is embedded in all teams and that risks are appropriately identified, monitored, managed and escalated where necessary, leveraging Service Performance Support team for risk governance (risk register, RMCB, etc), Independent Business Monitoring, Remedy, controls & KPI monitoring, etc.
- Work with the T&S GPO organization to support the designing and deployment of the T&S global strategy within the region
- Act as an escalation point for service issues raised - ensure end to end service is fit for purpose and to ensure important organizational issues overlooked / minimized or ignored can have the right level of attention and resolution from retained Expert and Vendor. Escalate to service owner as appropriate.
- Ensure alignment, and knowledge sharing with other regional T&S organizations (i.e. APAC), so as to ensure Global standard service can be achieved.
- Align with other service organizations to monitor provision of pre-requisites for T&S deliverables.
- Statutory Audit Oversight & tax authority coordination
- Leverage standard service governance framework from Service Performance Support team for Risk Management, Communication Management, Vendor Management, Change Management, Project Management, KPIs, Monitoring Controls, Performance & Improvement Management e.g. Comm Cells, Service Review Boards & Problem Solving.
- Regional service planning in line with global approach
- Manage Relationship with the Compliance Partner lead responsible for the service delivery.
- Regionally leverage standard service management & governance framework from Service Performance Support team to monitor the Compliance Partner.
- Business partner between service and customer
- Lead retained organization (Service Deliver Managers/Analysts, plus team of remaining activities) and partner with wider GSK such as FDs, GPO & Global Tax. Manage regional relationships with the business areas providing updates on service performance as required.
Please apply online.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top