Statutory Compliance Delivery Analyst
- Degree holder
- Demonstrable critical thinking capability
- Proven ability to identify and resolve problems
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with and influence customers remotely
- Ability to work in culturally diverse teams and reconcile cultural differences to successfully deliver services
- Aptitude to adapt to new technologies
- Accounting qualification or demonstrable experience
- Previous experience of working in a Shared Service Environment outsourced to a service provider for a sizeable company mandatory
- Statutory/Tax Compliance experience preferable
- Service Management experience preferable
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare companies and is committed to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.
GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Business Service Centre
The Business Service Centre, Kuala Lumpur is GSK's first global hub in Asia and will play a key role in GSK's Core Business Services consolidating the organisation's global and regional service delivery in IT, Finance, Employee Services, Indirect Procurement and Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities into an integrated shared service network.
We are looking for a delivery analyst to support the delivery of the Tax & Stats (T&S) Service line for UK, EMEA and APAC. This is a new organisation within Global Tax and will be reporting to the Statutory Compliance Delivery Manager.
You will be actively monitoring Service Delivery of the remote service provider located in Eastern Europe, UK & KL (reporting and Support model), working with a team of process improvement experts to drive continuous improvement and troubleshooting issues faced by the Service Provider while keeping regional lead abreast of potential challenges & proposed recommendations.
- Bringing End to End view of the Service Line provided by the Service Provider across two/one locations in Eastern Europe and the UK/KL
- Supporting delivery and performance of T&S services across EMEA/KL (including processes tax compliance, statutory reporting and transfer pricing) through near shore Vendor
- Responsible of oversight for day to day vendor delivery of operations,
- Designing, embedding and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) [Lead & Lag], Service Level agreements (SLAs) and controls
- Ensuring customer issues are identified and promptly resolved and proactively identifying any issues or risks to the service
- Escalating issues through service governance, as required
- Feed into GSK T&S strategy at regional level as required (Regional Lead and GPO)
- Ensure Vendor adopts standard practices and consistency in service delivery across the region through GSK policies, tools and processes
- Ensuring robust BCP and risk management of internal controls and regulatory compliance are met through applicable policies, procedures and processes performed by Vendor
- Execute risk mitigation and implementation actions as requested
- Proactively highlight continuous improvements to process
- Statutory Audit Oversight & tax authority coordination
- Agree & validated services plans provided by Vendor
- Maintain visibility tool, including reporting, extracting data, managing joiners and leavers, entity changes
- Leverage standard service governance framework from Service Performance Support team for Risk Management, Vendor Management, Change Management, Project Management, KPIs, Monitoring Controls, Performance & Improvement Management e.g. Comm Cells, Service Review Boards & Problem Solving.
Service Planning and Evolution
- Execute mitigation and implementation actions as requested
- Proactively highlight continuous improvements to process
- Working closely with third party providers and process experts to ensure delivery in line with established service levels and service line strategy.
Customer Relationship Management
- Business partner between service and customers
- Working closely with other GSK organizations to coordinate delivery in line with expected service levels
- Active team member supporting Regional Lead
- Active participation in regular comm cells, coaching & guiding to drive improvement
Please apply online.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top