Statistician / Principal Statistician - US - Upper Providence
• Providing statistical input to the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of clinical studies.
• Influencing clinical development plans, regulatory and commercial strategies.
• Building and maintaining effective strategic working relationships with internal and external partners to meet business needs.
• Identifying, developing and implementing novel statistical methodologies in support of medicines development.
Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our statisticians work across the entire range of drug development, from early clinical development, to registration and marketed product support.
Within GSK, Clinical Statistics is part of the same group which includes clinical pharmacology modelling and simulation, epidemiology and statistical innovation. Our statisticians have the opportunity to take part in world-class methodological research, as well as to fulfil a vital role on our multidisciplinary medicines development teams.
In instances where the business is able to support it, candidates may be permitted to work remotely. When you apply, please indicate your work style preference in your cover letter.
We are searching for talented new graduate statisticians, who can demonstrate innovative thinking, excellent communication skills, and who are able to influence project strategy.
• Masters or PhD in a Statistical discipline
• Practical understanding of statistical modelling and its application to real world problems
• Track record of strong academic performance
• Able to adapt to changing business needs
• Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team setting
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• Expertise in multiple statistical methodologies as well as demonstrated experience leveraging its practical application
• Practical work experience as a statistician in a clinical research setting
• Capable of applying innovative statistical thinking
• Experience with Bayesian methods
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with;
o A demonstrated capability in building and maintaining strong working relationships
o A demonstrated ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific and clinical colleagues.
o Strong influencing skills applied effectively across functions and levels of an organization
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top