Sr. Specialist - Project Engineer Maintenance/ Automation
A professional Engineer within Technical R&D GMP M&C who is responsible for the design, development, execution and implementation of Maintenance and Automation projects in accordance with agreed deliverables (Quality, EHS, Finance, and Schedule).
The incumbent will be the liaison with maintenance and engineering functions outside of R&D who provide support to Technical R&D GMP and will be the automation SME for Technical R&D GMP Manufacturing and Clinical Supply.
- Defines and drives execution of simultaneous projects within Technical R&D GMP, providing matrix leadership to project team members, developing the contract strategy for projects, selecting and managing contractors and settling any claims in accordance with company policy.
- Manages priorities across all Technical R&D GMP M&CS functions.
- Assures proper functioning of automated equipment in the specific buildings in collaboration with Belgian Site Engineering.
- Maintains manufacturing facilities and equipment in good working order, through trouble shooting and
- Repairing automated equipment, analyzing reasons for breakdown and trends.
- Serves as the Technical R&D GMP M&CS automation/ CSV User representative on projects by giving adequate support for all parts and phases of computer system validation life cycle.
- Defines the overall commissioning, validation, and handover strategy with respect to automated equipment in Technical R&D GMP, ensures complete handover following project phase.
- Guides decisions pertaining to technical matters, in close cooperation with relevant SMEs and Users.
- Supports and executes deviation, CAPA and change controls related to project work and, specifically, CSV and Automation.
- Identify and deliver opportunities to improve internal process and system related to Technical Services, Project Management, and/or Automation/ CSV.
- Acts as the Automation/ CSV Technical R&D GMP M&CS SME in internal and external audits, through a partnership with Belgian Site Engineering and other support functions.
- Engineering degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Automation and extensive expertise in automation and CSV domains (8 - 10 years experience).
- No less than 5 years working in the field of computer systems validation/ automation in a regulated environment/ industry.
- No less than 3 years direct project management experience.
- Expertise in Project Management is a must.
- Experience working in a cGMP regulated environment.
- Expertise in Commissioning and Validation of automation system, including validation.
- French & English (written & spoken) are both a MUST.
- Capability to communicate and work on the shop floor and at a management level.
- Field approach highly developed: actively works with Operators / Technicians and Managers in Production / Technical Services.
- Clear communication skills that are effective across multiple layers of the organization; ability to use appropriate communication channels.
- Deep and specific technical knowledge of control, monitoring and data system.
- Highly effective at influencing internally and externally.
- Has the ability to work independently and prioritize workload for him/herself and the teams.
- Sense of urgency, ability to be flexible and to take accountability.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Work in compliance with GMP standards and procedures.
- Respect of GSK safety rules.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top