Sr. Scientific Director, Lung Cancer Matrix Lead
Due to expansion efforts, we have an exciting & dynamic new role which will provide matrix leadership of other medical, clinical and/or scientific directors and managers to define the direction, planning, execution, and interpretation of clinical trials or research activities of one or more clinical development programs in lung cancer. You will participate in, and may lead, cross-functional teams to generate, deliver, and disseminate high-quality clinical data supporting overall product scientific and business strategy. You will contribute to initiatives for GSK oncology R&D, Franchise Medical Affairs, and external community. Includes, but is not limited to:
• Leading Lung Cancer Matrix Team. YOu will demonstrate ownership of the communication of external information to the relevant asset teams through the lung cancer matrix team in support of the overall product development plans and ensures that there is an integrated hematology development plan across the asset teams, based on strong medical and scientific principles, knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements, markets, business operations, and emerging issues.
• You will contribute to investigator and site selection for lung cancer trials; takes a leadership role in building and maintaining relationships with key investigators in collaboration with matrix team members including Oncology Clinical and Translational Consortium (OCTC) Director in preparation for OCTC engagements.
• You will have overall responsibility for understanding, interpretation and communication of data pertaining to safety and efficacy of the molecules.
• You will assist in hiring, onboarding, mentoring, training, and supporting career development of individuals hired in scientific and medical affairs.
• You will contribute to the development of rigorous, cross-functionally-aligned, vetted Clinical Development Plans in lung cancer with full consideration of contingencies and alternative approaches. In this capacity, responsibilities may include supervision of matrix team members.
• You will serve as the in-house clinical expert for one or more molecules and diseases in the therapeutic area, coordinating and leading appropriate scientific activities with internal stakeholders as they relate to ongoing projects. May participate in or lead clinical development contributions to due diligence or other business development activity. As required by program needs, contributes in partnership with Discovery colleagues to design and implement translational strategies.
• You will act as clinical liaison and actively solicits opinion leader interactions related to the disease area(s); partners with EDL, MDL, Medical Affairs, Commercial and other functions in these activities as required, consistent with corporate policies, to ensure that broad cross-functional perspectives are incorporated into Clinical Development Plans and protocols as appropriate.
• You will stay abreast of professional information and technology through conferences, medical literature, and other available training, to augment expertise in the therapeutic area. Attends key external meetings.
• You will be responsible for understanding the regulatory requirements related to the clinical studies and global drug development.
• You will ensure adherence to Good Clinical Practices, pharmacovigilance standards, standard operating procedures and to all other quality standards in conducting research.
• Required: Pharm D., Ph.D., or equivalent, at least 5 years of pharmaceutical experience (medical affairs, clinical development, and/or medical information). Qualified physicians with medical residency or fellowship experience will also be considered.
• Proven leadership skills and ability to bring out the best in others on a cross-functional global team. Must be able to lead and manage through influence.
• Demonstrated commitment to training and development of junior-level staff, using best judgment to assure that they work with an appropriate level of autonomy.
• Extensive knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory and compliance requirements governing clinical trials, and experience in development of clinical strategy and the design of study protocols.
• Relevant experience in Lung Cancer and Clinical experience is preferred.
• Ability to interact externally and internally to support a global scientific and business strategy.
• Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to exercise judgment and address complex problems and create solutions across multiple projects.
• Must be able to clearly demonstrate a thorough understanding of the healthcare environment including all key external stakeholders
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
Commensurate with the important responsibilities of this critical role, the successful candidate will be paid a competitive Total Rewards package including domestic relocation support. For further information, please visit:
For additional information, please visit http://www.gsk.com/ and our Physician micro-site http://www.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/physicians/
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top