Sr Process Engineer (Grade 7)
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry Knowledge and experience in a production area (e.g. cell culture, microbial fermentation, buffer prep, media prep, purification, etc.).
- At least 2-3 years of large capital project experience or similar leadership role in industry is required.
- Degree in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or equivalent with 7-10 years of relevant experience in a cGMP setting.
- Experience working on Large Capital Projects
- Demonstrable experience working to standards required for regulatory compliance of Aseptic Processing facilities.
- Broad understanding of engineering and process knowledge associated with various sterilization technologies, GXP utilities and associated pharmaceutical processes.
- Proficient at assembling project budgets.
- Familiarity with PLCs, DeltaV and BAS is a plus
- Capable to manage a project utilizing project management tools such as MS Project, etc.
- Demonstrates a proficient understanding of equipment, instrumentation, and materials of construction to design, specify, procure, start-up, fully commission and troubleshoot equipment and systems.
- Capable of performing risk assessments
- Capable of effectively negotiating contracts, bids, and change orders with vendors or contractors for complex equipment or systems
In-depth understanding and knowledge of Cell Culture and/or Purification; Including but not limited to Bioreactor systems, centrifuges, CIP Skids, chromatography system operation, column performance and UF skid operation-
The engineering group provides technical engineering and project management services for biopharm manufacturing operations, building and utility equipment, validation and capital projects.. As a Process Engineer, you will work as part of a multi-functional team in order to ensure the on-time delivery of a $143M project to support the internal expansion of biopharm manufacturing capacity at the Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) Rockville site. You will also maintain a compliant and safe manufacturing environment, and help to ensure a consistent supply of product to the customer. The individual will be responsible for engineering support of manufacturing operations across all cGMP biologics production facilities
- Ability to demonstrate use of problem solving and continuous improvement techniques.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Understanding of Regulatory, Technical & Safety Standards.
- Capable of supervising the activities of contractors.
- Capable of maintaining system life cycle documentation (Drawings, Design Files, FRS, SDDS, etc).
- Understands and applies basic engineering principles to equipment, instrumentation, and materials of construction to troubleshoot equipment or system related problems.
- Proficient at producing detailed engineering reports that provide viable and cost effective alternatives for equipment or systems of minimal to moderate design.
- Strong planning & organisational skills (and an ability to work to targets and deadlines).
- Ability to lead FAT/SAT and commissioning of complex systems
- Ability to travel up to 25%
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top