Sr Packaging Operator (1st, 2nd, 3rd Shifts)
This position will help run the business through coordination of packaging line activities in secondary manufacturing operations. This role is responsible for ensuring the line team adheres to GMPs, approved SOPs, quality procedures, safety and environmental standards while operating within the profit plan.
NOTE: When you apply please note in the Cover Letter section the shifts for which you are available to work:
1st Shift hours - 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
2nd Shift hours - 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm
3rd Shift hours - 10:00 pm - 6:30 am
• Coordinate day to day line activities of associates performing packaging and material handling operations to ensure manufacturing objectives are met.
o Assign resources to ensure appropriate coverage of line specific tasks.
o Provide and monitor training and skills development to ensure employees are competent and qualified to perform duties. Evaluate trainee proficiency.
o Provide guidance and hands on packaging direction to Pack employees.
o Provide input and feedback to supervisor on employee performance and skills.
o Direct, coordinate and facilitate the completion of day-to-day activities to ensure assignments are completed on time and in a safe and compliant manner.
• Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with the GSK safety procedures and all applicable EHS regulations, standard operating procedures, and industry practices
• Maintains full compliance with all assigned learning plans, technical competencies, documentation practices and procedures as related to the GMP and EHS environments
• Demonstrated familiarity and compliance with cGMP's, EHS procedures and regulations, facility regulatory guidelines, and standard operating procedures
• Recognize and report deviations or potential quality issues immediately to the packaging management team.
• Ensure all validation, quality, safety and environmental procedures and regulations are met, maintained and documented appropriately.
• Assist in developing operations strategies to optimize process, production and maintenance systems
• Promote and maintain teamwork and open communication with fellow teammates.
• Perform all roles as defined on Packaging Operator Job Description.
Diploma or equivalent and minimum 3 years experience in packaging or a government regulated industry
BS or BA and minimum 1 (one) year experience in manufacturing / production line operations.
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Power Point and the ability to quickly and easily learn new applications. Computer skills that include the ability to create reports, use charts and graphs and maintain data.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to function in an atmosphere of constant change with detailed accuracy.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills. The ability to motivate others.
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships cross functionally including production, QA, QC, engineering, validation, and maintenance.
• Ability to lead others, generate the exchange of ideas to resolve problems and prioritizes solutions
• The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all levels within the organization as well as the skills to communicate site operations to outside agencies.
• Able to interact with peers, subordinate and senior personnel in multidisciplinary environment and the ability to work in a high complex matrix environment.
• Able to prioritize and decide appropriate course of actions and to effectively implement decisions.
• Capable of working without direct supervision.
• Stay current on developments in the field and GMP requirements.
• The capability to maintain attention to detail and quality and a high level of integrity and confidentiality, while completing multiple or repetitive tasks and meeting timelines and deadlines.
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. On average, each batch of vaccine will have undergone more than 100 quality checks before it is sent out, to ensure the vaccines meet world-class standards. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries and are committed to continuously investing in our manufacturing facilities, improving our processes and building partnerships to ensure we meet the global growing needs for high quality vaccines.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top