Sr Director Procurement-HR Category
- University Degree
- Significant experience in leading teams in multiple geographies.
- Proven negotiations and contract management skills.
- Strong Procurement leadership experience
- Experience in project/ change management embedding complex change within a large organization
- Proven track record of consistent high performance and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to partner with senior stakeholders, internally and externally
- Excellent business acumen/ ability to build strong business case
- Credible and recognized global procurement leader with Procurement experience gained in Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or FMCG Environment., Technology, or banking
- HR Procurement Experience
- Track Record within Category Management, operating at director level
- Resilient and persistent with the ability to make the right decisions.
- Develop and present persuasive arguments to deliver change and influence stakeholders.
- Creative, conceptual thinker, exceptional problem solving/analytical skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a matrix environment and with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Innovation, Courage, Teamwork, Collaboration,
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company, we have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing close to 100,000 people globally, we have 87 manufacturing sites around the world.
Our pharmaceuticals business researches, develops and makes available medicines that treat a variety of serious and chronic diseases. We have medicines available or in development in a wide range of areas including:
- Infectious diseases
- Heart disease
- Asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Click here to find out how you can help people do more, feel better and live longer!
We are currently seeking an ambitious Sr Procurement Director-Global HR Category to join our team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
This is a high-impact senior role (on the Corporate Services Leadership Team) with responsibility for a global Procurement team who will successfully drive change in partnership with HR stakeholders in all regions. The external HR environment is rapidly developing with the increase of digital technologies and analytics. We require a strong and dynamic leader who will identify, leverage, and adopt new technologies and approaches in HR.
The Senior Procurement Director will be responsible for the following strategy creation & execution:
- Create and implement world class sourcing strategies (in collaboration with stakeholders) to identify market innovations and disruptive technologies and implement successfully.
- Partner with suppliers to drive continuous improvement, innovation and performance.
- Take accountability for delivery of the financial/savings plan (including OPEX).
- Lead & develop the global category team to build procurement capabilities through SMART objective setting, development plans, and coaching aligned to GSK behaviours and expectations.
- Lead and direct category teams, ensuring creation of global sourcing strategies (using GSK strategic sourcing methodology) which incorporate business requirements and capitalise on market disruption to deliver long term saving opportunities through considering all value levers
- Execute sourcing strategy globally
- Create and implement communication strategy to ensure engagement for delivery of strategy
- Effective annual forecasting and setting of savings targets (via defined Spend Management Framework process) for the HR team in alignment with Finance
- Deliver benefits to agreed annual targets through effective strategy execution and project management governance. Inspire, motivate and reward teams towards high performance delivery.
Business partnering & stakeholder management:
- Influence key global stakeholders and business partners to support, endorse and deliver strategies via category councils
External supplier relationships:
- Negotiate, create, and execute global contracts for HR
- Build strategic relationships with key supplier leadership teams, and actively participate in Business Review Meetings. Motivate and reward suppliers to bring market leading innovations.
- Create culture of collaboration and inclusion to drive superior performance. Lead, manage and develop team members to reach full potential.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application. Please take a personal copy of the Job description as this will be unavailable for viewing after the closing date listed above.
Closing date for applications: 31st Aug 2017
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top