Sr. Director, Enterprise Advanced Analytics
BA/BS in a quantitative sciences field
7 years (10+ years preferred) experience in commercial analysis related quantitative fields (market research, marketing/sales analytics, forecasting, etc.)
5+ years experience in healthcare/life science analytics.
Demonstrated breadth of analytic experience and knowledge (multiple types of analytic applications including advanced analytics methods across business units or customer types).
Demonstrated Leadership (first line leader experience or successful matrix leadership or enterprise leadership) required
3+ years leading an analytical function or team
Demonstrated breadth of experience (at least 2 functions, 2 BUs, 2 companies, or 2 geographies) preferred
MS or PhD
- Demonstrated ability to apply data and advanced analytics to drive high impact business decisions through stakeholder influence
- Demonstrated ability to lead a high performing team, including first line leaders, in driving performance
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to attract talent and develop future leaders focused on achieving results with effective communication and influence skills
- Significant experience in advanced analytics techniques and application in a business setting
- Strong leadership and influence skills to advance the business usage and application of advanced analytics and confidently defend informed recommendations
- Strong verbal and written communication/ presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with executives and understand the complexity of their decision making
- Demonstrated proficiency in matrix management and building relationships to gain trust and drive organizational change
- Ability to lead through change and inspire agility/flexibility amongst team
- Set direction for the Enterprise Advanced Analytics team based on an understanding across business units of the business challenges, the business model, the competitive environment, and challenges/opportunities
- Lead and inspire a team of direct (including FLLs) and indirect reports to develop advanced analytics solutions aligned with and guided by sales and marketing business priorities and strategies
- Influence decision making of business leadership based on opportunities identified through advanced analytics for resource/promotional effectiveness and allocation
- Lead, establish, and continuously improve upon the quarterly business review process across BU units for more efficient decision making for the BUs and CLT/US Pharma president enabling and influencing enterprise decisions and trade-offs to maximize US Pharma investment
- Identify, assess, and develop advanced analytic training needs and opportunities keeping a pulse on industry trends and benchmarks to ensure the application of best practices for competitive value
- Build and foster a team that delivers value and influences decisions for each business unit and US Pharma overall through development of strong relationships across the enterprise, analytic excellence, best practice development and sharing, business acumen, and customer focus
- Set a clear vision and purpose for the Enterprise Advanced Analytics team based on the priorities and needs of the business units across the enterprise; Ensure engagement, relationship building, and effective partnerships with the BUs and the Business Insights & Analytics teams at all levels to pull through a strong understanding of business challenges/opportunities, business models, and the competitive environment
- Proactively identify appropriate advanced analytics solutions to influence business decisions and drive actionable business recommendations and value; Champion the needs of the advanced analytics team and the business in the development and evolution of key "enablers" such as strategic data management and IT infrastructure/platforms needed for advanced analytics
- Lead and establish a robust quarterly business review process across business units and at the enterprise level focused on assessing resource effectiveness and future resource allocation / strategy adjustments for enterprise decisions and trade-offs to maximize US Pharma investment; Align opportunities with strategic priorities and needs, reducing ad-hoc analytic business requests, improving efficiency, and driving organizational change, to enable and influence more effective use of analytics for decision making for the business units and CLT/US Pharma president
- Lead and develop comprehensive promotional measurement analytics across channels, including campaign analytics, to enhance promotional effectiveness understanding and support the quarterly business review; ensure the development and stewardship of an enterprise inventory of measurement learning, benchmarks, and best practices to influence promotional investment decisions
- Partner with the BU Business Insights and Analytics leads to ensure appropriate BU research and analytics insights are integrated into the quarterly business review process for a holistic and comprehensive review that influences strategy decisions for the future; support communication of findings/decisions/proposals to CLT
- Ensure the development and appropriate training of advanced analytics best practices and standards to be applied across the Enterprise Advanced Analytics team as well as within the Business Insights and Analytics teams for consistency, efficiency, rigor, and appropriate application for greater business value and competitive advantage
- Drive business efficiency and holistic/integrated advanced analytics solutions through cross-matrix collaboration with other functions such as Finance, Forecasting, Payer Analytics, Marketing Operations (Multichannel Strategy), etc. and close partnership with business stakeholders in Marketing and Sales
- Consult and engage with Global partners to share best practices and learning and integrate broader knowledge and perspectives where appropriate
- Recruit and hire exceptional people. Foster diversity and develop staff through appropriate coaching, training, and leadership opportunities. Encourage and support attainment of challenging goals. Cultivate professional growth through performance reviews, development plans, and coaching. Instill environment of mutual value, empathy, dignity, and respect.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top