Specialist Reliability Engineer
- Engineering degree at BSc/MSc level
- Education in reliability engineering and/or maintenance management
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience in reliability engineering
- Experience with CMMS, preferably SAP
- Working Knowledge of maintenance contracts and spare parts management
- Knowledge of condition based performance monitoring systems
- Skilled in Maintenance methodologies like RBI, RCM, FMECA and CBM and corresponding tools
- Skilled in Root Cause Failure Finding techniques such as RCA, Kepner & Tregoe©
- Works closely and in conjunction with operations, engineering and maintenance including technical services, procurement and warehouse management.
- A sound understanding of reliability- and maintenance engineering and broad knowledge of equipment dominant failures
- Strong in IT data mining and processing of data
- Experienced in facilitating, planning and organizing multi-disciplined workshops like RCA, RBI, RCM, FMECA
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities
- Result oriented
- Easy communication in English, speech and writing
- Ability to work under pressure, solve challenges, get support and make decisions.
- Pro-active attitude
The primary purpose of the Reliability Engineer (RE) is to analyse the performances of the Belgium sites in terms of safety, reliability, availability and maintenance costs. Working closely with the Belgium reliability network and with several disciplines ; you will optimize the technical performances by creating/updating standards in terms of reliability, safety and environmental integrity of the Belgium sites.
The RE ensures that required methodologies, such as criticality analyses and asset criticality ranking, RBI, RCM, FMECA and spare parts studies, are available and facilitates related workshops. The RE must be able to work closely with individuals from all engineering disciplines, crafts, and operators in order to create a proactive defect elimination mindset.
The Reliability Engineer reports directly to the Reliability Senior Manager.
- Ensure the implementation of the reliability maintenance strategy for GSK Belgium sites
- Facilitate the reliability process to ensure the identification, the priorisation, and the mitigation of the Belgium sites performances threats.
- Develop global standards, and tools to improve the performances ; and standardize the practices through Belgium sites.
- Align and follow the Maintenance Excellence Reliability actions plans in all Belgium M/SPU
- Create/update the global documentation.
- Follow the transversal issues and actions identified during the reliability Belgium Governance or coming from other inputs.
- Support the Belgium reliability engineers to improve the performances in all M/SPU.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top