Specialist Innovation - Technical R&D
- Master in Science or Applied Sciences or relevant discipline.
- Proven track record of introducing & leveraging innovation in a product & process development setting to drive performance.
- Understanding of innovation concepts and management.
- Experience in product & process development and bio-process technology, ideally end-to-end from cell culture or fermentation up to formulation and filling.
- In-depth understanding of the business side of the Pharma industry – any proof of business skills is a definite plus.
- Open-minded & collaborative approach.
- Creative and problem-solving mindset.
- Excellent communication & influencing skills.
- Strong decision-making & drive for excellence.
- Excellent command of the English language, French & other languages a plus.
Please see "Basic Qualifications".
Does disruptive innovation and technology or competitive advantage resonate with you? You could be a founding member of the newly formed group Value-centered Design & Modeling (VcDM) that has the mission to transform the way we develop new products, methods and processes.
The Innovation Expert will be among a group of change agents, that will act collectively as to ensure the adoption of new ways of working, new technologies & bio-manufacturing concepts that deliver value to our customers. The focus will be on transformational initiatives that:
- Will dramatically reduce the time to bring a new product to the patient.
- Reduce cost.
- Enable to achieve competitive product differentiation.
The Technical R&D Innovation Expert will support the Senior Process Design Manager of the VcDM group in the Development programs throughout the different vaccine development phases by evaluating end-to-end bio-process designs and proposing novel or alternative approaches, methods, concepts or technologies that create value for the organization.
Furthermore the TRD Innovation expert will be responsible for the governance and prioritization of the transformational technology & innovation projects within TRD, closely collaborating with the Technical Development Leaders and the TRD functional departments.
Analysis and decision-making in both areas will be supported by the bio-process economic analysis & simulation tools and business decision sciences capabilities in the VcDM group.
- Develop and execute a vision on innovation strategy for the Technical R&D group.
- For dedicated technology & innovation projects:
- Collection, proposal, contextual analysis, alignment and governance) of value-added technology-driven innovation and focused innovation initiatives in a bottom-up approach: keep a strong focus on transformational initiatives.
- Follow-up & monitoring of approved ongoing projects.
- In the product development programs:
- Review and identify valuable opportunities for novel technologies, methods and concepts within the project/program boundaries in close collaboration with the functional departments, TDLs, TPMs and the E2E Design function in the VcDM group.
- Collaborate intensively and leverage the other functions in the VcDM group to ensure proven value of new technology/approach.
- Connect & collaborate to other innovation groups/initiatives in GSK vaccines and the corporate organization: contribute to a diversified yet consistent innovation ecosystem.
- Act as an innovation leader and change agent to embed a culture of value-driven innovation in TRD and beyond.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top