South East Asia Consumer Insights Manager
In this role of a South East Asia Insights Manager, you will be responsible in the following areas of delivery:
Support Area strategy execution and business growth
• Own a comprehensive understanding of business environment in the area including macroeconomic, social and demographic factors, competitor brands and product substitutes
• Develop a clear view of the key markets and priorities within the Area (brands, channels, etc.)
• Support global consumer insight and segmentation by providing market knowledge and ensuring local consumers, shopper, experts are represented in category and brand strategy as appropriate
• Generate forward looking and predictive views of area trends by understanding drivers of consumer behaviour, articulate clear and compelling requirements for business action
• Assist in identifying growth and profit opportunities across the Area and their business implications
• Provide market insights to support area business planning (e.g. MAP for key market-brand combinations, local demand forecasts)
• Leverage and liaise with global category insights to drive strategy and development of local gems -commercial brands where necessary
Drive in-market adoption and execution
• Oversee adoption of global assets according to local consumer and shopper journeys, digital maturity and available platforms, expert and consumer nuances
• Focus and prioritise efforts based on market and brand matrix (priority markets & power brands)
• Drive in-market execution and activation and prioritise channels and platforms based on market insights
• Design, plan, and execute research that enables effective adoption of global assets and monitoring of execution
• Evaluate, challenge and oversee any adaptation of global assets, partner with Area leadership to evaluate exceptions and ensure conformity with brand strategy
• Coordinate execution of local monitoring efforts in the market along established guidelines - ensure consistency for aggregation at market and brand levels
• Drive root-cause analysis to effectively identify drivers of performance, support optimisation initiatives to increase future effectiveness of adoption and local execution
• Drive business action based on learnings from monitoring: identify and foster adoption of best practices, conceive and implement remediation plans for unsuccessful initiatives
• Drive cross functional collaboration (e.g. analytics, digital) to enrich monitoring activities with full breadth of available information
Influence innovation development and evaluation
• Actively feed market insights (e.g. Social Listening, Usage and Attitude, etc.) into area and categories to inform innovation and R&D pipeline and ensure successful downstream adoption
Embody the Voice of the Consumer, Shopper and Expert
• Ensure the consumer first approach is consistently understood and adopted across the business (e.g. with marketing, digital, etc.) with particular attention to market nuances
• Contribute to all relevant market leadership forums and business processes (e.g. market activation planning) with actionable insights and business ideas
• Drive thought provoking insights with tangible implications, integrating and leveraging multiple sources of information
• Articulate clear and compelling storylines with concrete next steps to drive business action
Strengthen intellectual capital
• Contribute to learning and development programs and building regional/market knowledge base
• Actively contribute to broader Insight and GSK CH cross functional projects
• Keep abreast of new methodologies and research techniques, suggest and share best practices within Insights and the rest of the organisation
• Champion digital within the market, facilitate the understanding of the local digital consumer, the degree of digital maturity and implications for the market in terms of platforms and methodologies
Deliver high quality insights
• Manage research projects to ensure delivery on time, cost and quality
• Engage and build relationships with vendor(s) to continuously improve quality and adopt innovative methodologies
• Appropriately select self-service and or agency-led projects and ensure they meet established quality guidelines and deliver expected value
• Identify research synergies across categories and aggregate experience across function
• Develop and manage Area specific budget and feed area budgeting process
• Uphold all GSK policies and SOP
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
Closing date for applications: 20-Apr-2018
You are a passionate and seasoned Insights Manager with the following attributes:
• A minimum of a BA degree
• Excellent English spoken and written
• 7+ years of professional experience with relevant consumer insight background
• Preferable experience mix of client and agency side
• Hands on experience with methodologies and tools of ad-hoc research
• Experience in digitally-driven companies is a plus
• Direct experience in international OTC, FMCG or Consumer Tech companies (e-tailers, e-commerce, social media platforms, etc.)
• Experience of working across multiple markets and cultures
• Consistent high performance and delivery
• Credibility and interaction with senior stakeholders
• Successfully executing complex projects from design to completion
• Management of market research and intelligence agencies
• Utilizing multi source information in a fast-moving environment.
- MBA level of education preferred
- Additional language skills within the SEA cluster will also be an advanatge
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
GSK Consumer Healthcare has a bold ambition to be the world's best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare company. Inspired by a winning culture and a science-led innovation approach, we have developed brands that are built around the needs of the millions of people who go online or walk into pharmacies, supermarkets and market stalls all over the world, every day and choose us first. We have a heritage that goes back more than 160 years, producing some of the world's best-loved healthcare brands including: Sensodyne, Panadol, Voltaren, Theraflu, Parodontax, Otrivin, Physiogel, Horlicks and Eno.
We are currently looking for a South East Asia Insights Manager to drive in-market execution decisions and act as an integral part of the Area leadership team, becoming a key advisor and business partner for the GSK Consumer Healthcare business in this cluster.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top