GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare companies and is committed to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.
GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Global Manufacturing & Supply
GSK's Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) plant produces leading consumer brands, services 13 global markets including Australia and New Zealand and is a leader in Good Manufacturing Practice and 'Premise/Factory of Choice" for industrial excellence in the region.
We are currently recruiting for a Site Scheduler to join our MERPS Project Team. This role will mainly be responsible to plan and control the inventory of finished goods, raw and packaging materials to meet forecasted demand from both local and export markets by ensuring adequate supply from sources, in accordance with stock policy, and to overseeing production and materials requirement planning.
- Responsible for developing the monthly shop floor plans for to ensure that the shop floor operates on a high level of efficiency and integrity, always striving to achieve excellence.
- Ensure efficient operation through careful management of all sizing efforts and developing plans, which maximizes customers' satisfaction through the optimal utilization of resources.
- Enhance customers' satisfaction and ensure 100% on time delivery against agreed plan through sound production scheduling, optimizing run quantities and minimize run quantities
- Reconcile the Master Production Schedule against Customers Orders to ensure that the company is not exposed over and above the necessary coverage.
- Responsible to ensure that the Master Production Schedule is constantly updated as changes are identified, in order for MRP and Capacity Tool to reflect accurate up to date information.
- Coordinate formula and packaging changes between New Product Introduction (NPI), Supply Planer, Regulatory, Purchasing and Production to ensure smooth implementation and proper run down of raw and packaging materials.
- Ensure that Purchase Orders are released timely to vendors in compliance to agreed lead times.
- Manage the inventory holding level to avoid over holding stock.
- Manage and maintain the correct supply plan to market.
- Ensures compliance of Regulatory, Security, Safety and GMP policies and standard operating procedures.
- Manages the site business change plan
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Stuides or equivalent.
- At least 2 years' experience in production planning at any industry (preferable Pharma / consumer healthcare / FMCG)
- Experience in production scheduling role.
- Ability to problem solves and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines
- Excellent organizational, planning and analytical skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Good communication and negotiating skills
- ERP system knowledge – manufacturing environment.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top