Site Procurement Specialist (Jurong) (2 positions available)
Today, there are millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. GSK wants to change this. We are a science-led healthcare company that researches, develops and manufactures healthcare products and we are committed to widening access to our products. We are on a mission to help people do more, feel better, live longer. With three world-leading businesses - pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products - we invest in scientific research and discovery to take on some of the world's biggest healthcare challenges.
The Global Procurement Site team is responsible for Procurement across all the GSK manufacturing Sites for Pharma, Vaccines and Consumer. The team covers Direct and Indirect spend, and focuses on the creation and execution of Procurement strategies by creating strong relationships with stakeholders at different levels within the Site.
Procurement is accountable for establishing and nurturing value-focused relationships with third parties. The Procurement Site Specialist (SPS) partners with the local Site team in order to drive and support across all the dimensions of Procurement delivery. At a strategic level, the SPS supports the alignment with the Site Leadership Team; ensures the Site business needs and priorities are well understood and supported from Global Category Procurement teams and contributes, directly or indirectly, to the strategic management of key suppliers. From a more tactical perspective, the SPS supports the local Procurement team in the operational management of activities, implementation of sourcing strategies and other global projects. They also ensure that the daily needs and transactional activities are executed in accordance with GSK's policies and SOPs and that the communication provided to the local Procurement team and the stakeholder community is relevant and effective.
• Support the development of the long and short-term plans to improve Procurement processes in order to enhance the overall performance of the Site. Provide support in the implementation of new processes.
• Support the Implementation of Global Procurement processes, policies, guidelines, strategies locally and ensure compliance.
• Managing interfaces between Procurement and the Site, balancing the expectations of both Procurement and Site stakeholders. Understanding different perspectives and satisfying the needs and expectations of all stakeholders, both within Procurement and the Site.
• Ensure the Site requirements are taking into account within the definition and implementation of Global Category strategies. Development and robust implementation of Procurement strategies for local categories of spend that clearly meet business requirements.
• Support the Procurement function at Site (Directs, Manufacturing Indirects and Capex).
• Develop and manage the Site supply base to meet GSK's requirements: assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost, and innovation to control costs in a fast-moving environment. Adapt and respond to regularly changing business requirements.
• Support the development of a long-term vision for all local purchasing categories to support the growth of GSK. Ensure the approval of this long-term vision by local key stakeholders.
• For specific Categories, actively negotiate contracts.
• Reduce the Directs, Manufacturing Indirects and Capex costs of the site. Support the reduction of end-to-end total costs of the Site.
• Influence the balance sheet of the Site through development and robust implementation of best Procurement practices.
• Balancing both strategic and operational requirements. Any interruption of supply results in immediate and extended impact on GSK revenue stream.
• Co-ordinate support from multiple Category teams and working within a matrix organisation. Manage relationships with other Procurement staff remotely.
• Secure the supply chain through integrating a risk management approach as a foundation of Procurement mission. Evaluate and mitigate risk associated with long standing local suppliers and single sourcing.
• 2 years of operational Procurement experience across multiple categories of spend and some experience of regulated environments
• Awareness of Procurement tools such as sourcing, quotation analysis, contract negotiation, supplier review, supplier development and others
• Ability to drive & implement change
• Good Knowledge to manage sensitive partnerships, strong influencing and stakeholder partnering skills coupled with excellent negotiation and communication skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills - fluent English.
• Awareness of cost benchmark & financial audit with key supplier and legal matters (contracting)
•Understanding of risk management
• Ability to work in high pressure environment, often under tight deadlines
• Financial acumen
• Understanding of external environment & supplier relationship models.
• Ability to operate and influence across all business units and across multiple disciplines
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top