Site Procurement Manager
You are a passionate Procurement Leader with the following basic attributes:
- Master in Business or similar, ideally a combination with Pharmacy or technical degree.
- 5-8 years of operational Procurement experience across multiple spend categories: Production, Capex and Opex and strong ability to work in a fast pace environment with critical schedule deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive customer partnerships, strong influencing and stakeholder partnering skills coupled with excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Exceptional skills and competencies in project management activities: planning, organization, cost/time management, scheduling, contracting, budgeting and forecasting
- Practical experience within the pharmaceutical industry or other highly regulated industry, knowledge of GSK Vaccines manufacturing activities and flows.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of contractual terms of license, supply and technical agreements.
- Good knowledge of finance (cost benchmark & financial audit with key supplier) and legal matters (contracting)
- Good knowledge of cross functional business processes relying on SAP/R3 and comparable IT tools.
- Good People Management skills, capable to drive change management organization
- Ability to lead projects to deliver on agreed upon objectives such as supply, quality, deadlines and budgets.
- Understanding of business/scientific issues and implications on customer relationships
- Good knowledge of procurement professionals such as sourcing, quotation analysis, contract negotiation, supplier review, supplier development and others
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
GSK Vaccines grew by 14% in 2016 and is one of the largest in the world. Every year we distribute nearly 1 billion doses to 170 countries, of which over 80% were supplied to developing countries. We produce 30 paediatric and adult vaccines, 11 of which are world first, to prevent a range of infectious diseases including; hepatitis, rotavirus and HPV infections, diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, measles, mumps, rubella, bacterial meningitis and influenza. Our Tuas site, one of only two GSK global vaccines manufacturing facilities worldwide, operates around-
In the role of Site Procurement Manager, you will primarily be expected to:
- Lead the sourcing process within Singapore site to facilitate collaboration with GSK Vaccines and other GSK Business Units.
- Elaborate and implement procurement strategies and work closely with senior management on site to ensure procurement strategies are aligned with Singapore site objectives ensuring financial benefits are included in the appropriate plan of purchase, including Business Continuity Plans.
Detailed role expectations are around:
1.You will develop and propose long and short-term plans to improve activities on procurement processes in order to enhance the overall performance of the site. Provide leadership in the implementation of new processes.
2.You shall implement global procurement processes, policies, guidelines, strategies locally and ensure compliance.
3.You would ensure Singapore site requirements are taking into account within global strategies definition and implementation.
4.You are in charge of development and robust implementation of procurement strategies for local categories of spend that clearly meet business requirements
1.You will lead procurement function in Singapore in all areas (Production material, Services, Capex)
2.You will actively negotiate strategic contracts for use in key & strategic business areas for the site.
3.You will develop and manage the Singapore site supply base to meet GSK Vaccines requirements: assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost, and innovation to control costs in a fast moving environment
4.You would manage the development of a long term vision for all local purchasing categories to support the growth and internationalization of the GSK Vaccines. Ensure the approval of this long term vision by local key stakeholders and within the GIO Organization.
5.You would influence the balance sheet of Singapore site through development and robust implementation of best procurement practice, reduce total cost of Singapore site by using the Business Lead Procurement framework and by developing operational excellence.
1.You will secure the supply chain through integrating a risk management as a foundation of procurement mission. Evaluate and mitigate risk associated with long standing local suppliers and single sourcing.
1.You are responsible to select, train, supervise, develop and evaluate the 2 Senior Sourcing Specialists. Lead and motivate the employees of his area of responsibility towards the pursuit of operational excellence and attainment of best practices. In addition promote empowerment and process ownership.
E.GSK image/ Lobbying :
1.You will act as GSK Vaccines representative in association and committees outside GSK Vaccines in order to promote the quality of the work done at GSK Vaccines
2.Interact and co-ordinate activities with the global Vaccines procurement in Belgium and sourcing organisation of the GlaxoSmithKline Group where appropriate.
F.Environmental Health Safety (EHS):
1.You shall be in charge of continuously improving environmental, health and safety performance in order to achieve EHSS Excellence.
2.You will validate GSK EHSS priorities with third parties providing services on-site
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
Closing date for applications: 13-Aug-2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top