Site Material Planner
Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies, Supply Chain Management, Data Management or equivalent
Background experience in material planning / purchasing from a Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Consumer Healthcare / FMCG background will be an added advantage
Site Material Planner - Contract
We are currently recruiting for a Site Material Planner under the MERP-S Team. This role is responsible To plan and control the inventory of semi- finished goods, raw and packaging materials to support the production plan to meet forecasted demand from both local and export markets, and to overseeing materials requirement planning.
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Global Manufacturing & Supply - GSK's Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) plant produces leading consumer brands, services 13 global markets including Australia and New Zealand and is a leader in Good Manufacturing Practice and 'Premise/Factory of Choice" for industrial excellence in the region
- Responsibilities to ensure all purchase orders are acknowledged by vendor with correct pricing and confirm the delivery date.
- Ensure that Purchase Orders are released timely to vendors with realistic delivery dates in compliance to agreed lead times.
- Maintain the correct and updated delivery date for each PO at BPCS.
- Ensure supplier deliver the materials as per agreed timing with good quality.
- Monitor and keep track supplier delivery performance together with warehouse
- Liaise with production planner on expedite and de-expedite the material delivery.
- Liaise with GENPACT for those payment invoice related to purchase order.
- Monitor the aging stock together with production planner.
- Work closely with production planner to control the site inventory level
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies, Supply Chain Management, Data Management or equivalent
- Background experience in material planning / purchasing from a Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Consumer Healthcare / FMCG background will be an added advantage
- Open to 1 year contract role.
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in material planning
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- ERP system knowledge – manufacturing environment.
- Good interpersonal skill for effective liaison works with internal and external customers.
- High standards of numeric and good analytical mind.
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of Excel, Words.
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK, we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top