Site IT Manager
We are a team of (internal only: Tech ) Digital IT experts, who provide excellent services for GSK sites worldwide on a daily basis. As a part of a global healthcare company, we work in a multinational environment, support around 100 000 GSK employees and over 20 000 systems in the entire company. At present, at our office in Poznan, we employ about 700 highly-skilled professionals.
Main business areas supported by GSK IT are: Digital Manufacturing Technology, Cyber security, Research & Development, CRM applications, Mobile Applications, Web Development, drug production monitoring.
Joining GSK as The Site IT Manager you will collaborate with the site team and other GSK functions to build local capability and drive measurable value from existing and new innovative IT at site. The role is accountable for ensuring all site IT systems are available, secure and compliant with GSK Tech standards.
• Collaborating and agreeing with site senior leadership team (SLT) priorities for key IT projects and strategy for the site over multiple years
• Managing local IT team in the delivering of foundational and advanced and innovation projects relating to IT to maximise value for the site working within agile, value driven methodology
• Championing IT capability building across all site teams through a range of learning resources & hands on user training. Works with SLT to identify and resolve any capability gaps
• Acting as site IT subject matter expert (SME), maintaining and sharing deep site IT expertise and knowledge, facilitating input when appropriate from other internal and external subject matter experts
• Leading cross-functional teams at site in order to deliver value through IT led projects
• Building internal and external collaboration with local IT vendors, universities and other companies in addition to collaborating with GSK functions in order to stay current with latest IT and industry trend
• Driving ongoing process to ensure site IT remains secure and minimises vulnerability risks
• Managing site Tech budget and resources
• Degree in science, engineering or IT
• Very good verbal and written English skills B2/ C1
• At least 6 years of experience in IT or IT in manufacturing environment e.g. automotive and/or FMCG
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience of implementing IT projects at an operations led location
• Strong expertise in current Digital IT solutions available in the marketplace
• Proven ability to share best practices, develop capability across the site teams and champion the application of current & novel Digital, Data & Analytics technology for problems solving & continuous improvement
• Track record of building a strategy of site level in technology
• Strong understanding of Manufacturing processes and critical controls for quality & compliance
• Strong relationship building, team working and influencing skills as well as experience in leading a team
• Knowledge and experience of working in Agile methodology
• Having worked in an engineering team would be an advantage
• Experience in working for pharmaceutical industry would be an advantage
• Experience in working in an engineering environment
• Knowledge and/ or experience in Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning
What do we offer:
• Opportunity to define and shape the role at Poznan site as well as act as a genuine Technical Leader
• Opportunity to shift the company up to higher digital level
• Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
• Career with purpose - whatever it is you're doing, you'll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
• Flexible working hours in the best center in Poland
• Competitive salary, annual bonus plan and GSK's shared value plan
• Company Car
• Extended private medical care
• Life insurance and pension plan
• Free car and bike parking
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top