Site Digital Technology Manager – Ware
The Site Tech Manager collaborates with the site team & other GSK functions to build local capability and drive measurable value from existing & new innovative Tech at site. The role is accountable for ensuring all site Tech systems are available, secure and compliant with GSK Tech standards. Manages internal & external Tech providers against expected service levels. Responsible for site level implementation of foundational, advanced & digital Tech solutions to support and drive improvement in site safety, service, cost & quality KPIs. Collaborates with other GSK functions to ensure IT/OT networks remain secure and compliant to GSK standards. Champions site adoption & use of Data & Analytics capabilities to drive performance improvement & collaborates with site team to deliver increased value.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
• Collaborates & agrees with site senior leadership team (SLT) priorities for key Tech projects & strategy for the site over multiple years. Benchmarking with other GSK sites and externally within the industry.
• Manages local Tech team in the delivery of foundational & advanced & innovation projects relating to Tech to maximise value for the site working within agile, value driven methodology.
• Champions Tech capability building across all site teams through a range of learning resources & hands on user training. Works with SLT to identify and resolve any capability gaps.
• Acts as site Tech subject matter expert (SME), maintaining & sharing deep site Tech expertise & knowledge, facilitates input when appropriate from other internal & external subject matter experts
• Leads cross-functional teams at site in order to deliver value through Tech led projects.
• Builds internal & external collaboration with local Tech vendors, universities & other companies in addition to collaborating with GSK functions in order to stay current with latest Tech & industry trends.
• Drives ongoing process to ensure site Tech remains secure & minimises vulnerability risks
• Manages site Tech budget and resources
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 15th November
- Graduate in science, engineering, computing or similar level vocational qualification in technical discipline, Computing, Networking, Security, Engineering or Applications & software.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of implementing Tech projects at an operations led location.
- Strong expertise in current Tech solutions available in the marketplace. Detailed understanding of current GSK Tech applications.
- Proven ability to share best practices, develop capability across the site teams and champion the application of current & novel Digital, Data & Analytics technology for problems solving & continuous improvement.
- Strong understanding of Manufacturing processes and critical controls for quality & compliance.
- Strong relationship building, team working and influencing skills
- Strong communication skills & ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse team.
- A proven ability to lead others to success in a line and matrix manner (with a wide range of skill sets - business, technical, project), combining strong goal on delivery, collaboration and teamwork
- Practical experience of implementation of continuous improvement and design/architectural methodologies e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, TOGAF
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top