Site Data Analyst
Site Data Analyst
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare companies and is committed to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.
GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Global Manufacturing & Supply
GSK's Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) plant produces leading consumer brands, services 13 global markets including Australia and New Zealand and is a leader in Good Manufacturing Practice and 'Premise/Factory of Choice" for industrial excellence in the region.
We are currently recruiting for a Site Data Analyst to join our MERPS Project Team. This role will mainly be responsible the co-ordination and monitoring of global data quality and maintenance processes within the M-ERP template and Business communities impacted by the M-ERP Solution.
- Support the M-ERP Data Lead in the measurement and control of data elements that impact the integrity and efficiency of the M-ERP solution.
- Engagement with a wide range of GSK Business and System Owners, to ensure the M-ERP Data Standardization initiatives are being adhered to and also interaction with M-ERP Programme work-streams: Record to Report, Product Lifecycle Management, Order to Ship, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Dossier to CoA, Business Change Management along with Global Process Owners and Architecture and Functional Design.
- Work with the Business and Data Subject Matter Experts to define the data quality metrics & parameters for the relevant data elements
- Work with the Business, Global Process Owners and Data Subject Matter Experts to define the data maintenance metrics to drive process improvement and control
- Preparation of STPs, A3's, Business Requirements and Change Requests driven by on-going Data Quality and Maintenance and Governance Process requirements of the business
- Control, Monitor and Report on the Quality of data elements critical to the success of the M-ERPS solution
- Identify and create communication relevant to the individual audiences for Data Metrics and KPIs (Reports, Dashboards, Presentations)
- Continued input into the refinement of the scope, processes and tools necessary for Data Quality management
- Produce new and maintain existing Operating Procedures and Training Materials related to Data Quality and Maintenance
- Generate Management Reporting on achievement of data quality and maintenance targets, trends and KPI's
- Monitor and drive quality improvement processes in data governance organisation and the business
- Manage the Data Issue Resolution and Escalation Processes
- Review and challenge of localization data requirements (legal / fiscal)
- Provider cover for Data Team maintenance activities when required
- If key data elements are not correctly identified and controlled, reports will not produce an accurate representation of GSK's performance leading to incorrect decisions on the part of management. Early detection and resolution of Data Quality issues will prevent process failures thus avoiding a costlier and time consuming reactive situation
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Data Management, Business Data Management or equivalent.
- Business Analyst background and be able to Identify failure points and inefficient process steps.
- Understand the impact and dependencies between data maintenance process
- Proven experience of working in a data quality and process management environment.
- Experience of quality monitoring a major ERP system, preferably SAP.
- Experience of SAP BW, SAP Data Services, SAP Data Insight/Information Steward in addition to SAP ECC6.0.
- Good written English, presentation and reporting writing skills as well as ability to confidently communicate across many levels of the organization
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top