Site Cutover Lead
Site Cutover Lead
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare companies and is committed to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.
GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Global Manufacturing & Supply
GSK's Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) plant produces leading consumer brands, services 13 global markets including Australia and New Zealand and is a leader in Good Manufacturing Practice and 'Premise/Factory of Choice" for industrial excellence in the region.
We are currently recruiting for a Site Cutover Lead to join our MERPS Project Team. This role will mainly be accountable to the designated Site Implementation Manager and will be required to develop and maintain a site change plan and be accountable for coordinating all planning processes across the site level project plan.
- Utilize the processes and tools to monitor and appraise the schedule performance and progress measurement.
- Identify any deviations from the plan and shall work with the SIM (Site Implementation Manager), site BCL (Business Change Lead, site SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) and site Validation Lead to ensure corrective actions are identified and implemented.
- Schedule Management
- Resource / Effort Management
- Assist in Issues and Risk Management
- Progress Reporting
- Assist in the development of deliverables definitions and resource estimates to define the work scope for the site level project plan.
- Develop site plan Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in consultation with the PMO team and Site Project Team, ensuring that it reflects the site plan control and implementation methodologies.
- Work with the site SMEs, site BCL, SIM and all relevant parties to develop and produce a logic-linked, resource loaded schedule.
- Develop and monitor physical progress metrics to be utilized by all the site project team.
- Review the schedules in consultation with Core Team and ensure alignment to master schedule.
- Routine review and analyse of schedule update data and physical progress metrics, and identify / forecast deviations from baseline schedule.
- Communicate the status of the schedule to all site project members in a timely manner using agreed dashboard reporting formats and visual controls.
- Identify and manage key dependencies across the implementation and Core team.
- Facilitate the schedule impact assessments for development and implementation changes.
- Assess proposals for change control and maintain a running record of their impact on the site level project plan.
- Develop baseline effort estimates and periodic resource forecasts for the project and facilitate teams in development of corrective plans when necessary.
- Work with SIM to effectively allocate available project resources to prioritized (i.e. critical path) deliverables and activities.
- Facilitate weekly update meetings with the teams to assess and record progress, prepare the schedule update and resource forecasts.
- Communicate correct use of schedule and progress measurement tools to team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Data Management or equivalent.
Open for 1 year contract
- Extensive project planning, schedule, resource and progress measurement experience in IT / Business Change environments.
- Proficient at developing and managing physical progress measurement systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of project control methods and tools.
- Expert in MS Project software packages.
- Practiced at developing work breakdown structures, schedules, estimates.
- Flexibility, tenacity, good logical approach to problem solving.
- Good communication skills and ability to work within a diverse global team.
- Experience in delivering a large successful SAP implementation.
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience
- Recognized professional qualification / certification (e.g. PMP)
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top