Site Capital Projects Manager
Site Capital Projects Manager
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare companies and is committed to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.
GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Global Manufacturing & Supply
GSK's Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) plant produces leading consumer brands, services 13 global markets including Australia and New Zealand and is a leader in Good Manufacturing Practice and 'Premise/Factory of Choice" for industrial excellence in the region.
We are currently recruiting for a Site Capital Projects Manager to be part of the Engineering team. This role will mainly be responsible to manage the site Capital team and the delivery of the site capital plan and deliver capital projects across the site by being the project manager for those projects in accordance with corporate procedures.
- Plans and co-ordinates engineering projects, e.g. new equipment, building works or continuous improvement
- Liaises with department managers regarding new equipment requirements and identifying old, redundant equipment for replacement.
- Draws up URS's for new equipment
- Sources suitable equipment and viewing.
- Negotiates with suppliers regarding cost, delivery and quality.
- Carries out feasibility studies.
- Completes recommendations detailing equipment comparisons, costing, performance evaluations, guarantees, etc. and making specific recommendations.
- Submits recommendations and PIP's for approval and drafting purchase specifications.
- Develops time lines for project, detailing deliveries, installation, commission, validation, resources required (internal and external).
- Designs, plans, costs and manages building alterations/additions. Manages contractors and signs off projects before handing over and approves invoices and progress claims for payment.
- Keeps abreast of new engineering and production developments/techniques via reading journals, trade shows, etc.
- Monitors and manages capital expenditure
- Provides Finance with equipment location and machine detail, e.g. serial number, type, etc. and controls movement of equipment from location to location and informs Finance of location change.
- Recommends and controls asset disposal and scrapping based on input from Production and Engineering and own observation, negotiates sales, etc. in order to record assets and ensure that they are monitored for financial purposes.
- Draws up the factory capital expenditure budget in consultation with Factory Engineer to ensure that funds are available for equipment and projects.
- Ensures that project numbers and funds are allocated to projects.
- Produces quarterly capital forecast.
- Tracks capital expenditure against forecast and makes necessary adjustments to budgets.
- Develops and Implements Facility Master Plan
- Collects all information from SLT to ensure Facility Master Plan is updated annually and accurately portrays the strategy for the future of the site.
- Ensure capital is spent in line with the future site strategy
- Other assignments as deemed necessary by head of department
- Degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent.
- At least 5 years' experience in manufacturing (Food and Pharma) industries.
- Able to lead a team to maintain performance.
- Familiar with 6'S, lean and Six Sigma Tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge in IQ, OQ validation protocols.
- Able to work under pressure and lead a project within timeline.
- Proven capability to manage people.
- Possess good leadership, organizing and analytical ability and must be able to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English. (Bahasa Malaysia preferred but not essential)
- Can work in a fast paced environment and work at flexible/extended working hours
- Good awareness of Finances (ROI, NPV, Cost of Money) with ability to capitalize
- and gain optimum financial advantage in Project execution for Company.
- Have an analytical thinking and equipment trouble shooting skills.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top