Shopper Marketing Manager
This is a 1 Year Contract
- Ability to work a strategic as well as executional level
- Ability to work across and manage the needs of multiple stakeholders at all levels of management (manage internal, customer & third party relationships)
- Strong analytical skills utilizing a variety of sources of data to generate insight and actionable recommendations.
- Proven business acumen in understanding key competitors, retailers, and effective market tactic
- Experience in management, budgets, P&L's & customer financial metrics
- Working knowledge of Nielsen and retailer POS systems such as SDM Toolbox/Walmart Retail Link.
- Ability to effectively articulate company's values and vision
- Strong computing skills such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to manage multiple projects in tight timelines
- Bilingualism (French/English)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Admin, Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years experience working in consumer packaged goods, with an emphasis on insight management
The Shopper Marketing Manager role will use data and insight gathered from local and global markets to influence and position GSK brands and the categories in which they compete for profitable growth through targeting the shopper in-store.
The Shopper Marketing Manager will work with many different stakeholders to develop and execute innovative Shopper Marketing plans. This will be achieved through understanding the shopper and their barriers to purchase and align these insights to GSK and retailer growth drivers and strategies.
- Lead development of shopper marketing strategies on core brands in consultation with key stakeholders (retailers, shopper marketing agencies as well as internal stakeholders)
- Lead the development & execution of innovative, retailer-centric shopper connections programs, working closely with key retailers, shopper marketing agencies, & marketing/sales teams
- Manage program execution including agency connections brief, creative development, claims and regulatory approval
- Understand and leverage key retailer assets: SDM Optimum, PJC, Air Miles, LCL AMP, PC Points Plus, retailer digital sites
- Mine global and local resources to enhance key stakeholder (internal & external) knowledge of the shopper (barriers, habits, trends etc)
- Application of business case discipline: pre/post program evaluation of key shopper programs, understanding of key metrics/measurements the program delivers as well as its return on investment
- Build & maintain relationships with customers to drive collaboration in the development of long term growth strategies for GSK brands and retailer categories
- Actively participate in the annual commercial planning process
- Provide key inputs into the new product launch plans
- Special projects as required
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top