SERM Safety Physician
- Medical Doctor degree
- Minimum 3 years post-registration clinical experience
- 4+ years of experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry working in Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, Drug Safety or a related field.
- Knowledge of pharmacovigilance and signal detection tools, analysis and reporting of medical safety issues for vaccines, taking into account the worldwide regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in performing task and responsibilities. Proactively contributes ideas to improve existing operations
- Excellent mastery of English, written and spoken with strong communication skills.
- Integrity and strong feeling for ethics.
- Computer literate, familiar with using scientific and clinical databases.
- Good administrative skills and analytical approach.
- Strong leadership
Preferred specialization in Infectious Diseases, Epidemiology or Vaccines
To actively manage and evaluate risks associated with assigned vaccine projects, and make recommendations for the management and communication of risks in accordance with global legal and regulatory frameworks. This will involve working in partnership with the VCSP Safety Scientist to deliver the following:
- Coordinate and perform the medical analysis of adverse event reports and/or signal detection activities for assigned vaccine projects in clinical development and post-licensure
- Be the safety contact person for Clinical, Regulatory Affairs, regional and LOC (local operating company) safety managers, manufacturing teams for assigned vaccine projects
- Provide medical input to Clinical Teams with respect to safety aspects of the design and preparation of protocols, investigators brochures, investigator letters and reports, for the follow up and processing of clinical study data and lead the safety analyses of the assigned projects.
- Ensure creation, maintenance and implementation of (D)CSI (Development, Core Safety Information) for the assigned projects.
- Ensure provision of the Benefit Risk Assessment and risk identification, assessment and mitigation activities for assigned vaccine projects
- Perform medical review and provide medical advice on safety-related aspects associated with the assigned vaccines.
- Signal detection and evaluation of safety for assigned projects.
- Manage the evolving safety profile of assigned vaccine projects
- Provide appropriate and timely Benefit Risk Assessments for assigned vaccine projects
- Design, tracking and follow up of risk management plans for the products assigned and assure their sound implementation.
- Lead the Safety Review Team and be VLT (Vaccine Leadership Team) member for assigned vaccine projects
- Development and revision of assigned central pharmacovigilance processes and related training.
- Answering and follow-up of enquiries from regulatory authorities and other bodies (e.g., Ethics Committees) regarding safety-related aspects.
- Implementation of the applicable regulations for the assigned vaccines.
- Participate in IDMC meetings or other safety related interactions with outside collaborators of the assigned vaccine projects.
- Implementation and follow-up of safety data exchange agreements for products assigned.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top