Separations Team Lead
The candidate will participate in and manage a team responsible for the development, qualification, and implementation of various analytical methods including methods testing for product quality and quantification of excipients and process residuals for all GSK biopharm assets.
The candidate is expected to engage with project teams and other stakeholders on strategy development and method development/testing plans for various projects under different stages of development.
The candidate may also be responsible for contributing to relevant CMC sections of regulatory submissions.
• A Bachelor or Master's degree with 10+ years of experience, or a PHD with 2+ years' experience, in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry or academic environment.
• Hands-on experience in biopharm product quality assay development using various modes of separations such as HPLC/UPLC, cIEF, and CGE.
• Sound understanding of the biopharm product development life cycle and the analytical support involved.
• Sound knowledge of protein biochemistry along with a solid understanding of assay development/qualification/validation, pharmacopeia compliance and analytical life cycle management is desired.
• Biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience
• Extensive experience with analytical method qualification, validation and transfer.
• Broad knowledge and experience in protein analytical & biochemical separations techniques such as HPLC, UPLC, capillary electrophoresis, spectroscopy, and other bioanalytical technologies would be a plus.
• Experience with people management favorable.
• Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills is a must.
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
We want to help people do more, feel better, live longer
We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Across the US, we employ more than 15,000 people who strive to help others do more, feel better and live longer. This work starts one person, one community, and one story at a time.
As a science-led, global healthcare business with clear values, we offer countless opportunities for people at various stages of their careers. On-the-job learning and rewarding individual contributions are extremely important to us. We believe in creating an inclusive and safe working environment and supporting our employees to help their communities.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top