To provide process and technical support to both the process and logistic facilities to enable Value Stream (VS) team to deliver its operational objectives. Areas of support includes process optimization, continuous improvement, change management, deviation investigation and production project management to ensure that the Value Stream can operate optimally and in compliance with GMP requirements.
A) To support Manufacturing Operations to continue to operate in compliance with GMP and in an optimal manner:
• Managing technical deviations and CAPAs
• Supporting investigations of issues that are of higher complexity and bigger scope
• Subject Matter Expert for process and technical equipment and conducts the relevant training
• Technical troubleshooting
• Changes including CCs and SMRs
• Quality and business-continuity risks
• Gap analysis of QMS, Quality Alerts, and GSOPs/GGs where called for
• Prepare documents and training materials as required to support the activities of the operations department
B) Identify improvement initiatives of higher complexity and bigger scope with other teams, and manage and execute initiatives
• Infrastructural changes
• Process or equipment improvement
• Alarm management
• Participate or manage site project
• Operational Excellence (OE) initiatives
C) Support Manufacturing Operations in executing validation, trial, development and technical transfer activities where necessary
• Process optimization
• New equipment introduction and qualification
• Routine production issues troubleshooting
• Prepare GMP documents such as protocols, reports, risk assessments to support the trials and validation
D) Support in audit preparations and management
• Support/lead L1 audit in the department
• Participate in L2 audit, corporate and regulatory inspections and front the inspector's question as subject matter expert
• Develop relationship within the Value Stream team to ensure delivery of production objectives
• Develop close relationship with other departments/sites which supports production (eg QA, QA, TS) to ensure delvery of production objectives
• Plan, manage and execute deliverables through proper and timely request and utilization of resources to ensure delivery of projects
• Plan and coordinate effective utilization of ad-hoc team members (operational staffs)
• Coach and provide guidance to the Operations Engineer in their execution of daily tasks
• To assist the Manager in ensuring the quality and delivery of tasks/projects assigned to the team of Operations Engineers
• To deputize for manager in his/her absence or when required.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
Closing date for applications: 15 Jan 2019
Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Life Science or other relevant field
• Knowledge in cGMP and safety (bio safety)
• Knowledge in Biotechnology Equipment
• Troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge in Biotechnology process
• Knowledge in Lean Six Sigma tools
• Knowledge in Project Management
• Effective communication and team building skills
• Effective organizational skills
• Effective project management skills
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
Our Tuas site, one of only two GSK global vaccines manufacturing facilities worldwide, operates around-the-clock to manufacture the active ingredient used to make a GSK vaccine that protects children against pneumonia.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top