Senior Utilities Engineer
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, chemical, electrical or similar)
- At least 5 years experience as a utilities / facilities engineer
- At least 8 years experience in engineering
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of utility systems including but not limited to purified water pre-treatment and generation, clean steam, clean gas, compressors, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, electrical distribution, clean room air handlers, and building automation systems.
- Experience with a GMP manufacturing environment
- At least ten years engineering experience preferred.
- Prior project experience in the design, construction, and start-up of large bulk biopharmaceutical facilities including GMP utility systems
Why GSK? Because GSK's Biopharm business vision is to leverage its experience and technical capabilities to launch, supply, and manage Biopharmaceutical products around the world. It will fulfill GSK's Mission to Do More, Feel Better, and Live Longer by living its values: Integrity: Always doing the right thing; Commitment to the Patient: Making the Patient the #1 Priority; Customer Service: Commit to delivering on promises to internal & external customers; Compliance – Being accountable for quality and safety.
GSK Biopharm in Rockville MD has an opening for a Senior Mechanical Utilities Engineer.
- Lead project teams as assigned to meet technical, budget and schedule goals.
- Lead in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of new equipment or modifications to existing systems with consideration to new processing technologies or strategies. This may include assessing an economic, environmental, quality, or productivity impact while generating engineering reports.
- Use OE Tools to gather and analyze data on equipment/facility service problems in order to identify the root cause of the problem and generate possible solutions to equipment/facility service problems based upon the facts gathered and generating measurable improvements.
- Lead discussions and recommend solutions with key customer groups in order to gain a consensus on the repair or modification plans.
- Develop a project plan and budget, and then implement the approved modifications, following up to ensure the desired result has been achieved. Document plans and modifications in an appropriate manner. Capable to utilize project management tools such as MS Project, etc.
- Provide training to staff involved in the use or maintenance of equipment to ensure safe and reliable operation.
- Prepare or review operation, safety and maintenance procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Support validation staff in the development of validation strategies and testing plans; assess and recommend solutions for validation protocol deviations.
- Mentor and assist in skills development of other engineers within the department.
- Delegate project duties within the department or value stream team and understand the execution of those duties. Supervise the activities of contractors
Some relocation assistance may be available
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top