Senior Technology Consultant - Application, Host, and Data Security
10 years experience in at least 2 of the information security domains
3 + years of experience working in security or security related discipline in a health care company.
Analytical thinking and able to apply IT logic based on scenario and complies to security policies
Basic understanding on security access management policies
Knowledge of information security standards (e.g. ISO27001)
Possesses knowledge in various information security areas, such as: Identity and Access Management, Threat and Vulnerability Management, Information Risk and Governance, IT architecture, Monitoring, Incident Response and Security Strategy.
Bachelor's Degree in IT Technologies and security solutions
The Senior Technology Consultant role provides expertise and leadership in developing and implementing the security controls and standards for technology solutions within the IT Security Services organization.
A key purpose is to provide technical leadership (the trusted, technical advisor, providing thought leadership and application of technology to business problems) in network security, secure host configurations (server and workstation), threat and vulnerability management, and application security.
This is a collaborative role, working with others across End-user Infrastructure Services and other key stakeholders as required such as business units, global risk and compliance, 3rd party vendors etc.
- Analyze and lead the resolution of the most complex technical issues while providing expert technical support and direction to multiple deployment, upgrade and software installation projects, incidents, and requests.
- Map requirements and business problems to re-usable end-to-end technology solutions and explain the solution options and recommendations to senior decision makers.
- Lead the design of new functionality and extend existing solutions (driving the development of those solutions by guiding and mentoring the delivery team through the entire development process).
- Provide hands on skills and experience to build and deploy solutions when required, such as for proofs of concept or in technically challenging areas where it is appropriate and necessary to engage a senior technology consultant.
- Provide implementation and operational expertise to ensure that returns on investment are optimized in line with unit cost and budget expectations.
- Understand, contribute and when appropriate lead the development of strategy, acting as a bridge to help translate strategy into technical solution implementation for the delivery team.
- Document solution designs and how they interact with the larger ITSS and GSK IT landscape, this may be informally e.g. via presentations or more formally through the GSK ITMS approach as the need requires.
- Identify risks related to new or existing solutions and contribute to risk mitigation plans.
- Lead and contribute to the development of standards and security controls as necessary to ensure compliance and maintain GSK's security and reputation.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top