Senior Tax Manager
You are a seasoned Tax Manager with the following attributes:
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience gained from public accounting practice as well as in-house tax positions, primarily around corporate income taxes but with good appreciation of indirect tax and transfer pricing issues.
- Further technical qualifications in International Tax would be desirable, but not mandatory
- Strong communication skills - both oral and written
- Meticulous, independent and has strong attention to numbers and detail
- Motivated, enthusiastic and a team-player
Experience working for a globally-matrixed, multinational company in a similar capacity will be an advantage.
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
Our support functions include finance, human resources (HR), legal, information technology (IT), procurement, communications, and core business services (CBS). Together, they provide essential support and services that make sure that we operate efficiently and effectively. Our support functions have a global focus, employing more than 8,000 people across the world. You'll have the opportunity to develop your career within a specific function, but with the added benefit of building your experience across different businesses including pharmaceuticals, vaccines, and consumer healthcare.
We are seeking a Senior Tax Manager to join the organization. In this position, you will be part of the Global Tax team based in Singapore that is responsible for tax planning, strategy, tax risk mitigation and management and tax policy in the Asia/Pacific region within the framework laid out by Global Tax in the UK. Your role shall report into the Tax Director – Asia/Pacific in Singapore and may be responsible for supervising and reviewing the work of more junior tax staff within the Singapore-based Global Tax team.
In this role, you will be required to undertake tax leadership responsibilities for projects and initiatives, quarter and year end planning and review (actuals, forecasts and risk review) and will involve significant cross-team, function and business liaison as well as discussion/negotiations with tax authorities across the region. You should have in-depth tax technical knowledge with experience evaluating and advising on business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals. You must be able to communicate, written and verbal, complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the direct and indirect tax impact on the company's profits through positive and proactive focus on compliance, risk mitigation and tax opportunity identification.
- Review the existing fiscal risks and report new areas of risks with adequate back up plans for scrutiny during Compliance Audits
- Continuously scan external environment on developments in all fiscal laws and disseminate information to ensure legal compliance
- Ensure minimum tax impact on the company by proper tax planning
- Provide support to business partners by suggesting various options under the existing fiscal laws for future growth of the company while introducing new products in the market or setting up a new unit.
- Support global tax projects and initiatives
- Besides taxation support, provide necessary support from commercial / business perspective on any restructuring proposals.
- Ensure compliance on transfer pricing regulations and avoid any potential permanent establishment risk to GSK businesses across Asia/Pacific region.
- Provide taxation support in all M&A and business development projects.
- Keep track of various changes in tax laws and latest judicial pronouncements so as to ensure compliance and minimize tax cost.
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
Closing date for applications: 25-Aug-2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top