Senior Specialist, Procurement - Chemicals
- Master level in economics or Business management, or industrial management
- Specialized master in procurement would be a strong advantage
- 5 to 8 years procurement experience including relevant experience and functional knowledge of category management, sourcing strategies design and implementation, supplier relationship management, tendering, stakeholder management, negotiation.
- Experience in dealing with contractual and legal matters
- Experience in managing cross-functional projects and drive change
- Relevant experience of highly regulated environment
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Sound knowledge of finance including should-cost modelling, P&L and balance sheet
- Business acumen. Sound understanding of biological or pharmaceutical sector;
- Solution oriented, creative, conceptual thinker, capable of identifying novel solutions,
- Customer focus, active listening skills with an ability to challenge with tact, in the interest of GSK
- Impact and influencing skills, both internally and externally.
- Ability to build a strong network with relevant internal clients
- Ability to navigate in complex matrix organization
- Ethical behaviour
- Fluent in French and English
- Assume procurement accountability for one of more primary categories of Incoming Materials (Chemicals, Biologicals, Testing & Monitoring of environment, Clean Room Consumables, Chromatography, Gowning, Personal Protection Equipment) used by GSK Vaccines.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies to meet global GSK Vaccines business targets of patient safety, assurance of supply, compliance and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure operational support and supply continuity for all critical raw materials in scope.
- Develop market knowledge to identify potential opportunities for GSK Vaccines. Perform market analysis, benchmark and understand different possibilities of strategies applicable for the various spend categories
- Implement selectively and nurture a supplier relationship management model with the main suppliers of the categories in scope.
- Lead and/or support a number of risk securization, value creation and supplier simplification initiatives.
- Develop a pro-active and effective communication with a network of local buyers. Ensure they understand, support and enforce the agreed procurement strategies in their respective sites.
- Create internal alignment with all departments (QA, TLCM, R&D, Operations, Logistics, Regulatory, etc…) ensuring "one voice to the external world".
- Assume a procurement ambassador role by aligning department's strategies with MPU (Manufacturing Production Unit) priorities.
- Consolidate, challenge and support the requirements of GSK internal stakeholders including R&D (TRD), Technical services (MSAT), Production (MPUs and international sites), QAs, Logistics, Regulatory, etc…)
- Negotiate global Master Supply Agreement and pricing with suppliers in scope.
- Collaborate with GSK Pharma. Identify and develop relevant synergies
- Deliver all activities related to the Compliance agenda including participation to internal/external audit, mandatory training, mandatory corrective actions, etc.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
GSK Procurement is a pioneering, influencing function; with more than 900 members across 50 countries where we actively manage around £13bn of GSK's spend per annum across both direct and indirect categories. We influence the company's entire third-party expenditure, partnering with business units and driving value from supplier relationships to support GSK's strategies and targets.
Vaccines Procurement reports into the Global Industrial Operations department - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across 15 sites around the world, working closely with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top