Senior Specialist, Indirect Procurement
- Master level degree in business/procurement; combined with scientific education is a plus.
- At least 5 years of procurement experience, depending on learning agility and other experiences
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical business
- Strategic sourcing. Creative, conceptual thinker, capable of identifying novel solutions.
- Proven track record of driving change. Result oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and negotiation skills
- Quick learner
- Fluent in French and English
- Job Purpose:
- Establish yourself as key partner and develop robust stakeholder plan with internal stakeholders at senior level.
- Manage the outsourced platform of 12 recruitment professionals, setting and following goals and monitoring SLA/KPI's.
- Understand and manage strategically the External Workers portfolio within Belgium operation (Production, Engineering, Research & development, support function): Drive sourcing sourcing strategies adapted to customer needs, engage business & deploy with the support of the platform to deliver benefits.
- End to end management of "expert contracts" with close understanding of business needs
- Actively propose new ways of working and platform optimisation
- Identify cost savings opportunities and contribute to value delivery targets.
- Manage relationships with selected preferred suppliers in order to improve suppliers' performance and value generation. Plan and negotiate contracts with suppliers.
- Ensure compliance to internal policies and all legal requirements, continuously seeking to reduce GSK's risk exposure when dealing with External Workers.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Procurement accountability of the 1800 contingent workers in Belgium,
- Deploy best in class stakeholder engagement across more than 400 hiring managers,
- Supervise and develop an outsourced platform of 12 recruiters of External Workers
- Further develop novel sourcing strategies in the different categories to maximise external resources quality while optimising costs.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top