Senior Specialist Finance, GIO & Q Inventory & Write-off
- Minimum level : Degree in (manufacturing) Finance / Accounting
- A minimum of 6 years professional Finance experience.
- Good understanding of manufacturing environment.
- Requires a strong knowledge and system expertise.
- Requires analytical / financial skills / Excel mastery.
- Good communication skills to interact with sites controllers, supply chain, Internal & external auditors, and different levels of management.
- Ability to manage priorities, prepare clear and relevant reporting
- Ability to maintain strong level of controls
- Fluent in English
- Responsible for GSK Vaccines Inventory valuation (£2.0 billion)
- Closing and reporting of Inventory and write-off (£200m/year) for GIO&Q
- Provide relevant Inventory and write-off financial reporting to the different levels of management.
- Escalate issues and provide deep dive to management to trigger decision
- Ensure effective controls are in place (Sarbox controls).
- Support the GIO & Q Closing & Reporting Controller for the accurate Closing and Reporting on the Global Financials for GIO & Quality.
- Ensure financial systems are accurately updated.
- Closing & reporting Inventory and write-off for GIO
- Calculation of variances including deferrals, monitoring the release of these variances.
- Write-off Global process owner, working closely with site controllers to ensure complete and timely site closing and reporting of write-off.
- Ensure master data accuracy and process alignment across the organization.
- Alert management on write-off risk and provide deep dive analysis.
- Prepare budget and forecast of GIO Inventory & write-off
- Ensure appropriate Internal controls and Sarbox compliance requirements are in place
- Support Audits and justify inventory, write-off, deferrals through robust documentation.
- Ensure periodical physical stock count (including outside warehouses) is performed according to standards.
- Being Global Finance representative in Write-off Committee
- Together with the GIO&Q Closing & Reporting Controller, provide leadership in Global financials closing and reporting for GIO & Quality, by writing and communicating clear guidelines and training, planning activities with sites, regional finance, Vaccines Shared Services,…
- Ensure the sites and functions update timely and accurately the systems and submit accurate and timely reporting allowing accurate and timely consolidation & reporting of GIO & Q results.
- Support the GIO&Q Closing & Reporting Controller in all business analysis by collecting / extracting a pertinent and accurate set of data and presenting it in an impactful manner.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
The Finance Department is committed to make the most efficient use of all our financial resources. In addition to ensuring that, accounting practices support each department's specific needs. The team also makes sure that we remain fully compliant with public sector financial requirements. The department is also responsible for infrastructural logistics and the day-to-day running of site facilities.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top