Senior Specialist EHS
- Act with colleagues on the MPU management team to ensure protection of the Safeguard of all GSK employees, consultants, contractors and subcontractors as well as member of the public; the enhancement of the workers wellbeing and the respect of the Environment.
- Develop and operate the MPU EHS activities as part of the Vaccines network of policies and standards of GSK Vaccines.
- Achieve EHS performance targets and regulatory compliance of the MPU activities.
- Responsible for the deployment of the GSK Vaccines EHS strategy within the MPU
- Be a permanent member of the MPU Management Team contributing to the decision-making process and promoting continuous EHS performance improvement .Be the EHS responsible person in the MPU
- Implement all the safety advisers missions, as defined in the Belgian regulations in his organization, under the responsibility of the EHS Senior Manager Primary / Secondary
- Provide advice and recommendations to the MPU Director and to his management team to ensure compliance to GSK standards and Belgium regulations, taking into account the business needs
- Share and adopt best practices. Contribute to the development of the GSK Biologicals EHS excellence
- Develop an EHS culture in the MPU and the foster the risk ownership by the line management
- Develop and follow-up the MPU EHS improvement plan, in line with the Bio Belgium policies and plans
- Seek for expertise in the EHS shared services as appropriate. Work in partnership with the occupational health and environmental services
- Identify safety training needs of all employees and provide that training through in-house resources or external consultancies
- Develop and implement EHS inspection and audit techniques for internal use
- Maintain a comprehensive set of metrics that monitor and describe short and longer term safety performance and facilitate continuous improvement
- Identify, investigate and report on compliance breaches, emergencies, serious incidents, injuries
- Manage the EHS aspects, including loss prevention, of the investment projects in the MPU
- Collaborate with and support the EHS site representative for all site related issues, including the emergency response
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
- Scientific master & EHSS Diploma Level 1 (according to Belgium Regulations)
- French speaker with excellent written and spoken English skills
- Strong knowledge of EU / Belgium EHSS Directives and Regulations
- Experience in managing EHS in a large and comparable organization
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top