Senior Site IT Delivery Lead
- Holder of ITIL Foundation certificate
- Holder of IT project management qualification
OE Green Belt certification / demonstrated application of working with Six Sigma/Lean Sigma processes
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led healthcare company, with a proud history in Australia dating back to 1886. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
Our diverse business is made up of two distinct areas: Pharmaceuticals (including vaccines), and Consumer Healthcare (household names such as Panadol, Voltaren and Sensodyne).
As part of the site-based IT team the key purpose is to lead the approval and execution activities for new IT systems and services to one or more sites/nodes across the Supply Chain. You will have a high engagement profile with the business, accountability for delivery of work and will coach and support other team members.
- Lead the introduction of shared service global solutions/systems, services and initiatives into assigned business areas in one or more sites or nodes
- Lead projects / initiatives across Supply Chain and GMS IT organisation
- Own the IT tasks involved in the preparation and implementation of new infrastructure and other pre-requisite phases
- Lead the site/supply chain aspects of archiving and decommissioning activities for systems that have reached the end of their lifecycle
- Manage site IT Risk, Change, & Compliance tasks during project deployment
- Work with Site IT Business Partner and team to develop a deep understanding of the business cases for change, then drive the approval of projects through site and IT governance processes
- Oversee GSK project management processes and procedures for projects
- Proactively manage communications relating to IT Delivery
To be successful in this role:
- You will have excellent stakeholder management skills in order to liaise with global, business, site and local stakeholders
- Ability to produce and deliver presentations to site and central management
- Good influencing, communication and team-working skills at all levels
- Ability to communicate IT issues in business terms
- Ability to lead project / deployment functional forums (e.g. Project Management forums, project related forums)
You will be confident in delivering IT projects with previous experience working in a large complex manufacturing environment. You'll have strong comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle and good knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
You will also have a broad knowledge and understanding of IT systems and how they apply to supported business areas.
You'll be remunerated with an annual salary and performance related bonus. You'll also be given a personal development plan designed to enable your career goals and help you get the most out of your career at GSK. You'll benefit from GSK products as well as lifestyle discounts and financial products and not to mention working for a leading brand recognised in more than 150 countries around the world.
If this advert has caught your eye and you like the sound of the above, click on the APPLY button below and let us know why you're keen. Once we've had a chance to go through all the applications we'll contact you either by phone or email and let you know how you've gone!
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top