Senior Scientist, Topical Drug Delivery & DMPK
- For a BSc level: 4-8 years of industry experience in LC-MS/MS method development and validation for analysis of small molecules in biological matrices
- For a MSc level: 2-4 years of industry experience in LC-MS/MS method development and validation for analysis of small molecules in biological matrices
- For a PhD level: 0 to 2 years of industry experience, with combined academic and industry experience in Analytical Chemistry
- Hands on experience in Mass Spectrometry, with focus on the LC-MS/MS method development and validation for analysis of small molecules in biological matrices
- Master's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences, with focus in Analytical Chemistry
- High learning agility, has the ability and willingness to deal effectively with first-time situations or changing conditions.
- Can effectively manage daily and routine situations with limited guidance
- Proficient in and demonstrates highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Prioritizes work to remain focused on objectives in rapidly changing circumstances
- Ability to identify and clarify problems for assigned tasks and implement appropriate solutions.
- Team player and ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrates the flexibility to manage multiple projects in complex virtual /global environments.
- Track record of delivery against objectives and deliverables.
This role will give you the opportunity to work with in silico, in vitro and in vivo concepts and techniques in the selection of NCE's and optimization of topical formulations for dermal development.
This role will give the individual opportunity to be involved in the discovery and development of new drug candidates in Dermatology, with focus on the selection of NCEs and optimization of topical formulations by using in silico, in vitro and in vivo tools. Main responsibilities include study design and execution of in vitro skin penetration studies, LC-MS/MS method development and analysis, development of ex vivo skin models and in vitro assays in collaboration with other groups in Dermatology TAU, and overall involvement in the NCE selection and topical formulation optimization workflows. Additional responsibilities will include data analysis, preparation of reports and presentations to project teams.
The experiences the successful applicant gains during the role will enable the individual to demonstrate;
- Ability to work effectively with discovery project teams by presenting and discussing technical data
- Ability to rapidly develop a comprehensive scientific knowledge of dermal delivery and topical product development
- Involvement in the refinement of in silico and in vitro models necessary for the selection of NCEs and formulation optimization for dermatological indications
Specific key responsibilities will include;
- Independently develop and assess bioanalytical methods (LC-MS/MS) to support skin penetration studies
- Coordinate and perform in vitro skin penetration studies
- Perform sample processing using liquid handlers and general automation equipment
- Perform LC-MS/MS sample preparation and analyses with focus on the quantification of small molecules in skin and plasma matrices; perform basic to mid-level LC and MS troubleshooting
- Prepare technical reports, protocols and presentations
- Maintain excellent laboratory notebook records on experiments
- Serve on multi-disciplinary project teams as Topical Deliver representative
- Handling of biohazardous materials and chemicals
- Present data in discussion groups and team meetings
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top