Senior Scientist, Immunology/Biology
GlaxoSmithKline is committed to developing medicines for global health challenges including respiratory, immuno-inflammation, oncology and infectious diseases. We know that finding cures means not just finding new drugs, but finding new ways to discover drugs. The Tempero Discovery Performance Unit (DPU) is a research group within the Immuno-Inflammation Therapeutic Area, located in Cambridge, MA.
We are seeking a self-motivated, energetic and creative senior scientist to join our drug discovery team and play an important role in our efforts to develop novel therapeutics for the treatment of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. This individual will have the opportunity to make significant and high impact contributions in a dynamic small group setting on drug discovery programs in the area of Th17 modulation and macrophage biology.
• Work in partnership with cross-functional teams to investigate the biology of novel drug targets and the effects of newly developed lead candidates on the immune response
• Analyze, interpret, and report experimental results in a small group setting
• Maintain detailed records of experiments in electronic lab notebooks in accordance with company policy
• Share in responsibilities to support general lab functions
• Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of drug discovery experience in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, pharmacology or a related discipline
• Ability to independently design, execute and analyze in vitro experiments
• Techniques and skill set include: tissue culture (primary cells and cell lines), flow cytometry, ELISA qPCR, microarray, western blots, immunoprecipitation. In vivo immunology experience is desirable
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary matrix environment
• Team spirit and excellent interpersonal skills
• Learning agility and a strong desire to continuously improve and develop
• Self-motivated and meticulous, with focus on critical and innovative thinking
• Broad and deep knowledge of cell and molecular immunology, experience in innate immune cells preferred
• Master's degree with 2+ years of drug discovery experience
• Experience with cell assay development and biomarker discovery
• Experience with in vivo models of inflammation/autoimmunity
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the center of all that we aim to do.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top