Senior Scientist, DMPK
The Immuno-Oncology & Combinations Discovery Performance Unit within the Oncology Therapeutic Area is focused on finding innovative new medicines for the treatment of cancer.
We are looking for a DMPK Senior Scientist to join our team and utilize their proven DMPK expertise to help develop and characterize new chemical series. The characterization runs from screening hits to lead compounds that can be progressed into the clinic as potential new medicines for cancer patients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for generating DMPK data either through lab based experimentation or utilization of external resources.
• Master's degree in biochemistry, biochemical engineering, or related discipline.
• At least 1 year experience of DMPK in a pharmaceutical or biotech environment with LC-MS/MS and PK-PD prediction and modelling capabilities.
• Proficiency with DMPK software such as Phoenix WinNonlin, PK PredictorPro and AB SCIEX Analyst.
• Provide guidance and liaise on DMPK related topics with Program Teams.
• Perform bioanalysis of biological samples using quantitative LC-MS/MS techniques.
• In conjunction with in vivo Biologists, design, model, and conduct studies to investigate PK/PD relationships in pre-clinical animal models.
• Apply in silico tool predictors for the better understanding of SAR.
• Design and completion of routine in vitro based DMPK experiments.
• Design and completion of in vivo models.
• Present DMPK data to Program Teams and participate in authoring DMPK study reports.
• Be comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment driven by tight deadlines on deliverables.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
We want to help people do more, feel better, live longer
We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Across the US, we employ more than 15,000 people who strive to help others do more, feel better and live longer. This work starts one person, one community, and one story at a time.
As a science-led, global healthcare business with clear values, we offer countless opportunities for people at various stages of their careers. On-the-job learning and rewarding individual contributions are extremely important to us. We believe in creating an inclusive and safe working environment and supporting our employees to help their communities.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top