Senior Scientific Writer
*Local Candidates Only
The Senior Scientific Writer is expected to work on assignments independently, facilitating delivery of the written assignments through proactive coordination of stakeholders to build content. The writer should be able to meet the quality standards of the global organization. The Scientific Writer is accountable for the final deliverable and is expected to work in matrix organizations..
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Contributes to documents and activities to be included in registration files.
- Authors clinical documents following defined templates.
- Ensures the consistency and quality level of all documents that are issued.
- Actively participates in all planning, coordination and review meetings.
- Ability to work on 2-3 assignments simultaneously.
- Proactively raises and discusses concerns/ issues in an open and timely manner and within the global team at GSK Vaccines, thereby demonstrating the ability of promoting high scientific standards by pointing out obvious flaws and proposing (and advocates) alternatives.
- Works directly with diversity of roles at different levels within GSK (e.g., Clinical Research and Development Leader (CRDL), Project Level CRDL, Regional Medical Directors and Advisors, Study Delivery Leads (SDL), Study Data Managers (SDM), Biostatisticians, other Scientific Writers).
- Establishes network of communication and continuously builds collaboration to facilitate smooth partnerships and interfaces between all groups involved in delivery of writing assignments.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Post-graduate degree in life sciences or medical background or equivalent expertise
- 5 plus years of writing experience in the pharmaceutical industry or medical field
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD or equivalent (or another post-graduate degree with industrial experience)
- Possesses a good understanding of basic immunology and area of assigned vaccine project.
- Demonstrates knowledge of scientific methodology in the design, conduct and description of clinical research.
- Demonstrates understanding of how to analyze and describe clinical results.
- Understands the organization of clinical study reports and scientific presentations.
- Possesses working knowledge of International Committee for Harmonization (ICH) / Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Possesses good working knowledge of statistical principles used in clinical research
- Possesses necessary computer skills (Proficiency in MS Word & Excel) and general computer literacy.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top